Does 2015 bclass have a charge timer or not?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakay

I looked thought the threads and am still not clear.

Every EV/PHEV we've had so far has this (Prius PIP, Leaf, 500e) and its a basic feature that is essential for us. We have rooftop solar and are on a TOU plan, but our charger does not have schedule setting as every car we've had possessed the feature.

Please confirm...thanks! :D

No timer. Nothing. In fact there is no visual indication of charging on the car. You have to look at the charger. Consider a WiFi enabled EVSE with all those timer capabilities. And you can check the state of charge on your B-Class with the EVAccess App for iOS and Apple Watch. It works much more reliably than the Mercedes App. I use a JESLA charger but I think the JuiceBox 40 Pro has a lot of features including timers and web/phone control.

wtzouris said:
No timer. Nothing. In fact there is no visual indication of charging on the car. You have to look at the charger. Consider a WiFi enabled EVSE with all those timer capabilities. And you can check the state of charge on your B-Class with the EVAccess App for iOS and Apple Watch. It works much more reliably than the Mercedes App. I use a JESLA charger but I think the JuiceBox 40 Pro has a lot of features including timers and web/phone control.

Ugh, was hoping that wasn't the case. no timer and no charge indicator lights either?? what a disaster.

even our $83 per month leased fiat 500e has a great timer function built in. This might kill the b class for us.

I think you would be pleasantly surprised by an EVSE that could communicate with you instead of the car. The in-car Verizon telematics are not that consistent or reliable in the B-Class, so you get updates every 15-20 minutes or so, not in real time. An EVSE with WiFi would be solid, unless you are not in a WiFi area with it.

wtzouris said:
I think you would be pleasantly surprised by an EVSE that could communicate with you instead of the car. The in-car Verizon telematics are not that consistent or reliable in the B-Class, so you get updates every 15-20 minutes or so, not in real time. An EVSE with WiFi would be solid, unless you are not in a WiFi area with it.

yea, I'm sure they are nice, but I'd rather just have a timer set that i give zero thought about like we do today. i'd also miss the charge light indicators we have n our leaf and 500e - very helpful.

The lack of a timer is an inconvenience, but the missing charge indicator is a serious flaw. My EVSE has an indicator and it's own delay timer, but both should have been part of the car.

This will definitely be part of the decision criteria on the next car.

The B250e's days could be numbered. Mercedes ended their partnership with Tesla, and the car may soon be discontinued, so I wouldn't expect them to add features (like a charge timer) to the car like Tesla does with their over-the-air updates. In all candor, this is a question better suited to your Mercedes EV dealership - but they probably don't know the answer either.

Whoa! Though it's true that Tesla will no longer supply the batteries, who said the B is getting discontinued? Sources please?

To be fair, no official end-of-life date has been set for the B250e, only rumors that a "vastly upgraded" version of the B-Class with a 310 mile range is coming...that would suggest a vehicle with a 90kWh battery - too large for the current B-Class platform, so likely an electric SUV using the GLC platform to compete with the Model X. Launch date: 2018 / 2019.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/new-mercedes-benz-b-class-electric-drive-news-rumors/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2019-mercedes-benz-elc-news-rumors-specs/

The B-Class will be discontinued when the Mercedes ELC is ready -- we will get a look at it this fall at the (Paris?) motor show. Probably a 2018 or 2019 model. It will be an all-new design, all Mercedes -- motor, battery and everything. Should be sweet. 200+ mile range of course.

On the timer -- forget about it, there is a product called the JuicePlug by EV Motor Werks that should turn any EVSE into a smart connected EVSE with all sorts of timer functionality. I ordered one for $129 on Kickstarter.

Back