Door rattles when playing certain music

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

in2insight

Not sure how "technical" this is, but here goes...

When playing music, on some tracks the passenger door "rattles", is the best I can describe the noise. It could be the speaker, but seems more like the door.

I have played with the sound settings, lowered the Bass, changes the balance, etc. It helps, but not fully.

Before making an appointment to take the car in to service, wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is an easier fix.

Thanks!

That is odd. In my 2017, the right front speaker is on the A pillar, not the door. Assume same for you. I am going to say that something is wrong with the installation of the right front pillar speaker or the speaker itself to cause the vibration in the door (loose, bad seal, bad unit, door insulation, etc.) Or it could be that something is loose on the right door that can be tightened by the mechanic.

On my 2014 the right speaker rattled. I could not figure how to get the door panel off so I lined the pocket so it did not show using dynamat. This totally cured the problem. So far no rattles in my 2017.

GlennD,

Dynamat, I looked it up. So in my 2006 E500W, we hear the front shocks or struts rattle every time it hits a major set of bumps. Recently replaced the front and rear air shocks. Still, the road noise persists which is odd for a luxury car. Do you think if I lined the driver and passenger floor pans with Dynamat, it could reduce the road noise? Is this something I could DIY? Please advise. Thanks.

JeffRay said:
GlennD,

Dynamat, I looked it up. So in my 2006 E500W, we hear the front shocks or struts rattle every time it hits a major set of bumps. Recently replaced the front and rear air shocks. Still, the road noise persists which is odd for a luxury car. Do you think if I lined the driver and passenger floor pans with Dynamat, it could reduce the road noise? Is this something I could DIY? Please advise. Thanks.

Dynamat makes a tremendous difference but it is heavy and expensive.

I lucked out and a custom shop sold me some scraps for $5. Otherwise you have to purchase a whole box. It works like magic.

Back