Drive Program and Estimated miles

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiredjawz

I noticed today (day 5 with car) that I can toggle the drive program between S, E, and E+. The manual makes no mention of E+. I'm assuming it's Sport, Economical, and Economical Plus. I get more estimated range with E+, but I have to select this option manually every time to get the more estimated miles. Also I haven't figured out how to get a full 84 estimated miles after charging for over 30 hours. I've tried the reset odometer.

Any thoughts?

The E plus it comes in new restyling for europe ... Só you are already getting the new software ...

Thank you for the info. It's so strange to me that is car is so new and limited in release in the US that there is relatively little information out there. I'm sure that'll change in the next year. I wish I could have E+ be the default mode when I start the car. Perhaps that'll be an update to come in the next few years.

Yes, I just discovered this the other day as well (have had car for 2 weeks Baltimore, MD). It seems I can't get it to go into E+ during driving though, only at complete stop or before entering drive. I also can't get beyond 80 range when using 120V charger > 30 hrs. I wonder if it will change when using 240 V charger?
What is difference in E+ and E?

usrikumaran said:
Yes, I just discovered this the other day as well (have had car for 2 weeks Baltimore, MD). It seems I can't get it to go into E+ during driving though, only at complete stop or before entering drive. I also can't get beyond 80 range when using 120V charger > 30 hrs. I wonder if it will change when using 240 V charger?
What is difference in E+ and E?

The range on the "Guess-O-Meter" (GOM) may or may not change, however the actual capacity of the battery does not change.

Fully charge is still fully charged.

So what exactly is the difference between E and E+, in terms of how the car is handling the energy, managing the battery, and the driving experience?

Interesting information. I assume you're not talking about the brake recuperation mode (D+,D,D-,Dauto). I wonder if the E+ mode will be available in a future software update to current owners. This information is posted at the Mercedes German site (B-Klasse) (translated by Google). A Norwegian site shows slightly different information but the same idea.

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/germany/mpc/mpc_germany_website/de/home_mpc/passengercars/home/new_cars/models/b-class/w242/facts/drivetrainelectric/drivetrainelectric.html

The powerful and seamless acceleration is made ​​up of the state continues up to a top speed of 160 km / h. 100 km to reach it already after 7.9 seconds. There are three different driving modes (E +, E and S) are chosen to allow the desired particularly efficient, comfortable or sporty driving. Firstly, the Economy Plus mode (E +): It is with its reduced to 70 kW of power on a designed to be very economical driving, support the smooth driving and limits the top speed to about 110 kilometers per hour. On the other hand, in a kick-down but gives economy mode (E), which reduces the power to the full power of 100 kilowatts to the axes. And finally, the Sport mode (S) at which permanent full system performance can be retrieved and its sporty handling is also supported by a sportier accelerator response. For infinite acceleration, the vehicle uses a stage planetary gear with integrated cone differential and integral translation. The combination of electric motor and gearbox ensures efficient, smooth and silent conversion of electrical energy into mechanical energy.

Some people only show 60 miles on the GOM after a full charge. It depends on your previous average consumption. Short trips in cold weather knock the average way down due to the heat ect.

I've had the car a week. I drive on E+ all the time. I don't like that the car does not remember this setting as the last drive program selected and that I have to select it every time I start the car. I wish the car would stay in E+ mode. It does limit the upper end speed to about 70mph which keeps me from speeding. You can floor the accelerator to pass a car, but it's really jumpy and not smooth. I like E+ and the gradual acceleration you get with this program. Just got my 240/50amp plug installed and my Jesla from Tony is waiting for me at my office. I'll be much happier knowing I don't have to wait 30 hours for a full charge :D

mddg said:
This information is posted at the Mercedes German site (B-Klasse) (translated by Google)...
...the vehicle uses a stage planetary gear with integrated cone differential and integral translation.

Tesla gear boxes do NOT have a planetary gear system. This information is wrong.

wiredjawz said:
Just got my 240/50amp plug installed and my JESLA from Tony is waiting for me at my office. I'll be much happier knowing I don't have to wait 30 hours for a full charge :D

Yes, a full charge with JESLA and a NEMA 14-50 outlet at your home or office will charge the car in about 3.5 hours from empty (and a Toyota Rav4 EV in about 5 hours).

It will add about 30 miles per hour of charging.

Thanks for you purchase. I believe we sold more 40 amp portable J1772 charge cords for the Rav4 EV than all the others combined, and we intend to do the same within the Mercedes Benz B-Class ED community.

The Jesla is the prefect charger for the B-Class ED. So portable, and so elegant. I just charged from 30% SOC to 80% in 1:45 and to 100% (Standard Charge) in 2:30 (2.5 hours).

Back