E+ Mode

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JupiterRed

Has anyone else noticed that in additional to the Economy and Sport Modes, if you depress the E-S button after you initially start the vehicle and before you put the car in drive, you can select the E+ Mode? It apparently limits the top output to conserve the battery.

http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-1740090-1-1751040-1-0-0-1751123-0-0-11702-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html

This article explains it. The manual that comes with the car doesn't seem to have anything about it and either does MBUSA.com.

See this thread.

http://www.mybclasselectricdrive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=192

I almost got the Red, but my wife wanted the White. lol

I got a car delivered 12/31/14 in the New York area and I'll try to enable E+ today. I heard they are removing it on some cars which have had software updates I hope they give it back in future firmware revisions.

I leased a new 2014 B Class last week. I am trying to figure out E+ but I may not have it in the car. Is that even possible to not have the feature? Fully charged range shows around 64 miles in E mode so I thought by putting in E+ mode the range will increase. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how E+ should be activated. I started the car in P mode and pressed the E-S button but it just toggles between E and S - does not go to E+. Anyone else has had this issue and has found a solution? Thanks

To select modes you need the paddles. Not many cars on the lot have it. Mine does not and I wish it did.

The paddles select the regeneration mode, not the driving/economy mode. The E+ mode is supposed to be part of the 2015 models, however it appears that many of the newer 2014's have that mode.

Do not worry about initial range on the guess-o-meter. It is generally extremely conservative, and I have often gotten nearly 50 percent more than the initial guess.

If you reset the "From Reset" consumption gauge, your initial range guess will probably indicate closer to 83 miles, depending upon outside temp.

You can put it in E+ mode. With the car in park, turn the car on then press the button on the dash until you see E+. I believe it starts in E then goes to E+ then E then S. If you press too quickly then you have one more chance before being locked out to E or S. If however you turn off the car and turn it on again it resets and you can get back to E+.

My car needed an update due to another problem. After that, no more e+ mode. No explanation from MB.

I believe it was because it was basically a bogus and worthless mode... And many people put it in that mode and then wondered why the car felt like a slug...

seattlemocha said:
Just took my B class in and I too no longer have E+ after a software update. Anyone have any ideas why?

Back