Factory Front Window Treatment

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordAnglia

Greetings,

The front window (Windscreen/Windshield) appears to have an internal coating, slight blue/green tint. Makes sense for reducing glare and heat from the sun.

There is a clear space at the top center, only on the passenger side. Any idea why? (Not the sensors behind the rear view mirror mount)

Peter,

Peter,

I took a look at mine today. The only thing I can think of is that this is a rain sensor as that has to be somewhere. Perhaps you can go the the parts schematic to confirm this or put some tape over it, throw some water on the windshield and see if your wipers activate.

JeffRay said:
Peter,

I took a look at mine today. The only thing I can think of is that this is a rain sensor as that has to be somewhere.

Jeff,

Your are correct, the B250e sensors are behind the rear view mirror 'box', and visible from the outside. My question is about the clear area visible while sitting in the passenger seat.

As Mzteaze explained, this is where a toll transponder would go. Perhaps in Germany the transponder has a bar code or text that must be read from outside of the vehicle? Handy for, say, a parking enforcement officer (was called them Meter Maids) to see clearly? Back home in the UK there's a road tax disc that must be displayed on the lower windscreen, and subject to random inspection when the vehicle is on a public street.

I just realized that so far I haven't used my DashCam in the B250e. Typically using it for rental vehicles when we go out of town. Worse case we'll have traffic collision evidence, best case we'll have video of wild life, vistas, and occasionally crazy people on the road.

Peter,

Peter,

Interesting brain teaser. I am going to find a schematic and see if it can provide further clues. This is fun.

As this car was mainly built to be a US compliance car and mostly sold here, dunno about the connection to EU requirements.

Anyway, have a good night.

Back