Front airbag malfunction

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukeetal

Friday I was backing up with the wheel turned slightly and I heard a strange click or pop sound. Soon after the car started displaying "front airbag malfunction". The car goes in Monday :-(. 50% of the time I hear clicking when turning the wheel.

Anyone had this issue?
2014 with 6500 mile. So bummed!

Seeing as my car doesn't get here till next week I can't say I have. ;) That said I'm pretty sure I know what broke. Pulled apart many a steering wheel and had a couple have issues with the coiled tape "wires" that connect to the airbag. Sounds like something not assembled correctly at the factory. Sorry. Hope they get you rolling again quickly.

You called it. Dealer called after having the car two days. Steering colum assembly or something like that. They apologized about the wait for them to look at it and charged the car as a courtesy. I dropped the car of at 91%...

They had to replace the control unit, transmission control paddle. The clock spring failed, it came apart. SOP steering column module. For what that's worth. It took them 4 days.

Back