Glc300 loaner

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

For the last couple of days I have had a GLC300 loaner. It really does not fit my style. It is so aerodynamic that I hit my head getting into the car it is also b;lack!.. For 43K my money can easily spent elsewhare. The only thing about the car was that it was free.
d

I have a '16 GLC300, spec'd up it was over $52k. It's a great car with some fantastic options (pano roof, ventilated seats), but I still prefer to drive my B250e. Once you go EV, everything else just feels loud and rough. The GLC is great for long trips though, just as my SLK350 is great for top down, twisty back road days. Different tools for different jobs.

Patricio,

Agree completely. The B250e is my local getabout, the wagon is for forays over yonder, and the 380SL is just for fun locally. The first and third fight for road time but the default is the B250e unless it is 70F in which case it flips.

I found my 2018 GLC much too low. I scarped my head getting into or out of it.

I am back to my B250e and I like it a lot. It may not be as aerodynamic but the headroom is great!

JeffRay said:
Patricio,

Agree completely. The B250e is my local getabout, the wagon is for forays over yonder, and the 380SL is just for fun locally. The first and third fight for road time but the default is the B250e unless it is 70F in which case it flips.

Yeah, when I was looking for my convertible, I really waffled between the R171 and the classic R107. In the end, I wanted the modern touches and the ability to put the top up/down with a touch of a button. I used to have a pristine '78 280CE. It's the only car I've ever regretted selling! Someone from Poland bought and shipped it back to Europe.

The automatic start was noticeable in the GLC300, the C300 was flawless. With the windows up you could not tell the car was starting up.

The problem with both loaners was that the instruction books were removed so you had to guess at the features. Even so at least a car was provided. It is nice to have a luxury car like a Mercedes or Lexus!
VW would never provide a loaner.

Back