High Pitched Sound With Acceleration & Deceleration

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ophthodawg

our B-class has developed a very annoying high pitched sound/whine when accelerating and decelerating. My wife is the primary driver (she has not noticed it but she also rocks out on the radio ;-) ) but having not driven the car for a few weeks the sound was very obvious to me.

The noise started with the odometer around 7000 miles. The car is now at 8000 miles . The dealer says this sound is "normal" for the b class however they took me for a drive in a brand new one and the sound is not there. As the owner/driver of the car I know what is "normal" or not and this is a distinctly new development.

Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue ? Maybe the Tesla service center would better understand what this sound is from?

The drive train is from Tesla but they will not service it. You have to go through Mercedes and if there is a Tesla problem the parts will be sent to the Mercedes dealer. The drive train was oem'd to Mercedes and the support is from them.

cossie1600 said:
My RAV4 did that and we got a new motor. I wonder if the B has the same issue.

interesting cossie1600, thx for your input

do you recall what mileage the problem started with your RAV4?

our sound was initially intermittent and now seems to be intensifying... maybe its more obvious to me because I'm listening for it

Back