How To Access The "Secret Menu"

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordAnglia

Greetings,

In a separate thread started by Cardonman it was revealed that a "secret Menu"can be accessed. This is intended for service techs, and could lead to putting the vehicle into an unknown state, please be careful if you venture here!

To access the Secret Menu, follow these steps:
(1) Remove the silver Start - Stop button (if fitted) by gently pulling it out
(2) Insert the ignition key
(3) Turn the key clockwise to the first stop (at least one indicator light will come on, but the RH gauge will still point to 'OFF')
(4) Select the Odometer readout in the dash, if necessary, by pressing the Up or Down arrow buttons on the LH keypad of the steering wheel.
(5) Press and hold the “telephone answer” button on the RH keypad of the steering wheel.
(6) Press and hold the “OK” button on the LH keypad of the steering wheel.
(7) Wait about two seconds. The readout on the dash will show the Secret Menu.
(8) Navigate as desired using the Up or Down arrow buttons on the LH keypad of the steering wheel
(9) To exit use the back button (above the LH keypad of the steering wheel)

Some PIX I took while I was playing around with this exercise.

Removed Start Stop Button

Starting Screen

(Having a problem posting more PIX to this message. Error 403 - sorry)

Peter,

Some more PIX - I'm being blocked from posting more than one or two PIX at a time.

Secret Menu

12V Battery state

High-voltage Battery State (note vehicle is not connected to the EVSE)

Peter,

Everyone:
You can also drive around with the menu in the “state of charge screen” activated. You can monitor the amp ”regen/draw” amounts.

I’m curious because of the weight/size of the car compared to the torque output of the little motor. (!)

My $.02,
C

Back