Leased a B-Class today

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JupiterRed

Leased a Night Black B-Class Electric today and received a great deal. Looking forward to exchanging information with other on the forum.

Picked up the car. The dealership experience was very pleasant. The car handles like a dream. I'm very happy. It's been charging overnight but all I have is the factory charger that came with the car. When I checked it last night, it was going very slowly.

Unfortunately my Level 2 charger won't arrive until next week so I might only be able to use the car every other day until then.

Leased a black 2014 on Black Friday. Picked it up December 1st. It is used as a urban vehicle. As we live in an apartment building, gotta charge it twice a week. Once at a Chargepoint outfitted garage on weekend and once at the dealer on Wednesdays. The former is a 7 minute walk from home and the latter is a 15 minute walk from work. So far everything good except the low mpkWh of 1.2. Likely just the frigid temperatures as I park overnight outside on street.

Jeff Ray in NYC
MB '14 Be; MB '06 E500W; MB '81 380SL (hibernating)

jwchwang said:
Leased a black 2014 on Black Friday. Picked it up December 1st. It is used as a urban vehicle. As we live in an apartment building, gotta charge it twice a week. Once at a Chargepoint outfitted garage on weekend and once at the dealer on Wednesdays. The former is a 7 minute walk from home and the latter is a 15 minute walk from work. So far everything good except the low mpkWh of 1.2. Likely just the frigid temperatures as I park overnight outside on street.

Jeff Ray in NYC
MB '14 Be; MB '06 E500W; MB '81 380SL (hibernating)

I would beg and plead for even a simple 120 volt outlet on a "revenue grade" meter (less than $100 in parts total) at your apartment. Just the smallest amount of power will make a huge difference in your enjoyment and use of any EV.

I would start with asking for a 50 amp NEMA 14-50R outlet on a revenue grade meter that you can pay the electric cost to the landlord. You can even volunteer to pay the installation cost.

You'll thank me.

Then, I recommend the JESLA 40 amp J1772 portable charging cable works at up to full power on every known J1772 equipped vehicle in the world. You keep it with your car, and take it with you when you travel.

JESLA was designed specifically with the unique 40 amp Tesla onboard charger that is in your Mercedes B-Class ED, plus the Toyota RAV4 EV, and of course Tesla cars. It is ultra flexible, light weight, and portable, PLUS it automatically adjusts from 100 to 250 volts and 12 to 40 amps, automatically. You don't have to know anything about electricity; just plug-n-play!!!

It will plug directly into a NEMA 14-50R outlet. You will be fully charged at home every day.

http://shop.quickchargepower.com/JESLA-is-THE-40-amp-J1772-portable-charging-solution-JESLA.htm

Thanks for your note. Gotta keep that in mind and figure out how to do as the building does not have an indoor garage.

My electrician showed up Friday as did my level 2 EVSE. It works great. I did 105 miles yesterday topping off the car twice as I came home between errand runs and the like. I got 2.2 m/KwH yesterday. Today I barley got 2.0. The cold of the Northeast seems to take a toll.

JupiterRed said:
My electrician showed up Friday as did my level 2 EVSE. It works great. I did 105 miles yesterday topping off the car twice as I came home between errand runs and the like. I got 2.2 m/KwH yesterday. Today I barley got 2.0. The cold of the Northeast seems to take a toll.

Anytime we are talking about range, it's a bit important to know if it's a 28kWh car, or a 31.5kWh capable car (the so-called extended charge).

For guys like who that can charge at home midday, and need the range, you'll want a FULL 40 amp charge station.

jwchwang said:
Thanks for your note. Gotta keep that in mind and figure out how to do as the building does not have an indoor garage.

You don't need an indoor garage for one of these:

$29.77

http://t.homedepot.com/p/GE-50-Amp-Temporary-RV-Power-Outlet-U054P/100193650

The JESLA will plug directly into that for 40 amps into your Mercedes.

Hm. Gotta think about it as I only leased for 36 months. Thanks for posting as it is a good idea.

just leased my B-class yesterday. $299 per month ZERO down...10k per year 36 months!!!! So pumped. Now all I need is a level 2 charger at home!

azEV said:
just leased my B-class yesterday. $299 per month ZERO down...10k per year 36 months!!!! So pumped. Now all I need is a level 2 charger at home!

Nice deal! What options you got with it? $299 is incl of tax?

Charging on 120V is very slow though!

That is indeed a great deal.

I'd love the same deal! Send me or post the contact and dealer info and I'll get one too!

Thanks in advance.

-Jay

Don't know if they will do the same deal but I got one at Fletcher Jones. Salesman was bill hardy. Really nice guy. Could also ask for Ronnie campignoe jr.

I pushed really hard and it was right before the end of the year.

AZ

JupiterRed said:
Leased a Night Black B-Class Electric today and received a great deal. Looking forward to exchanging information with other on the forum.
Can you provide the detail of your lease? Monthly payment before tax? Total out the door? Mileage? 36 month? If it's not too much trouble, can you let us know the calculation of the lease? eg. MSRP, Capital Cost, Incentives, Rebates, Fees (Acq, license, reg, etc.). This would help us better understand the deal. Much appreciated in advance.

@azEV

That's a great deal. Maybe I should mosey over to LA :)

What options/packages does your car have ?

Just leased a 2014 Jupiter Red B Class last week -- so excited to be driving it now for my morning commute! My garage at work offers free charging during the day which is a real plus.

A bit nervous this week though about the intense cold weather coming through the New England area later this week. Should be interesting to see the impact it has on the battery.

Did I read somewhere that the pre-entry climate control could help range during these types of extreme weather? I haven't used it yet so I'm not quite sure I understand.

Congratulations on your new car! I live in NYC and park inside during day but outside during cold nights. I get between 1.2 mpkWh and 2 mpkWh depending on temperature. At 26kwH, that is 30-50 miles range. Lot of stop and go traffic in NYC. Good thing you can charge easily at work.

I have not tried the preset thing as any use of battery depletes it. Since I am bundled up for cold anyway, I only preheat the car if taking my kids to school. Otherwise, I keep it at 65 degrees and shut it off when I park at a commercial garage. I end up charging it one a week a the dealer near work and a second time at my outdoor garage near home.

It is a spirited car, enjoy.

Congrats to Kristie on your new B-Class. I find that the cold take my range down about 5 to 7 miles. Not too bad. No the snow the other night seemed to reduce the mpkWhr down but I only drove a short distance.

Back