MB of Stevens Creek (San Jose) - Four out of Five Star Service

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordAnglia

My B250e was in for it's first service over the weekend. Nothing wrong with the vehicle, but I wanted to renew the infamous "Battery Certification" to maintain the warranty. The in-vehicle service reminder is stuck at "B Service 365 days" - and this never changes. There is a bug (or dealer inattention) that stops this count down, so I have no idea when a service is/was required.

We booked an appointment, and everything went very well, until it rained yesterday. Along the way we found out that this 2017 vehicle former lease was not serviced prior to the sale to me (end of July 2019 at 9,800 miles) because the lease was to run until October 2019.

As my first visit to an MB dealer for service I was suitably impressed by the staff and process, there were three lanes of MB cars in for service, so I appreciate that they got the work done as promised, and didn't keep us waiting too long for drop off and later pick up.

I'm pleased to report here that there was zero cost to me, as the 20k mile service was covered by the pre-paid (and discounted) warranty I purchased from MB at the vehicle sale.

So why only four stars, your ask?

Well, two glitches that will need a second visit to the MB service department this week. Firstly, there is a "Software Update" for the B250e that didn't come out until December 3 (today) It is estimated to require one hour and I qualify for a service loan (if needed)

Secondly, the newly replaced driver side wiper blade is broken. First time we've had rain for a while, and it doesn't contact the glass in the middle section. I tried to fix it, but the blade edge is mangled. I guess MB techs don't check their work...

Here's the paperwork so you can see exactly how the battery test and 20k miles service is written up.

To Be Continued (This Forum only allows two PIX attachments)

Peter,

Part Two

I was delighted see that the "Multipoint Inspection" included checking the exhaust was okay!! Here in California vehicles that have an exhaust require multi year SMOG testing.

Peter,

Peter,

Good on you for purchasing the discounted warranty that included service. I did not purchase prepaid service for warranty period and got socked for $600 for the second service. I declined the wiper replacement recommended. Good thing, eh.

Thanks for posting this. Highly recommend those purchasing off lease to look into the discounted prepaid service warranty that Peter did.

Hi Peter,

Could you do me a favor? Could you snap a picture of the connector on your Windshield Wiper Blade Arm? Where the blade connects to the arm itself.

I have spent way too much time trying to determine if the Wiper Blade - Mercedes-Benz (246-820-27-00) set would fit my car.

I have a 2017 B250e, and my Chicago based dealer is not well versed in the B250E service. They are quoting me $120 for the part.

Thanks,

Rich

Rich,

"Could you snap a picture of the connector on your Windshield Wiper Blade Arm? Where the blade connects to the arm itself."

No problem, will post here (easiest way) Probably in the morning when its light outside.

Peter,

Rich,

That was what I was quoted by Manhattan MB which I declined. Would look into non-MB part to replace with less expensive aftermarket part. I did that with my older MB that I own. For the leased B250e, I generally replace with OEM parts so as not to be charged when I return at end of lease.

Happy holidays to all fellow B owners.

Back