Minor Rattles

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Really enjoying the car. We have a fleet of EV's at work but my MBEV is better in many facets. Current price and acceptable range even in this cold weather being two of them.
Do however have some minor dashboard and passenger seat rattles that are annoying. Always hard to identify the source exact spot when at the dealer. Anyone else displeased with the less than solid feel to the fit of the car IMO.

No rattles yet after 60 days. If anything, the ride is stiffer than I am used to with the MB-E wagon. Car reacts to the cobblestones and road imperfections more. Dealer suggested I try "deflating" the tires but I decided to see if I get used to it. No biggie and no am not a Patriot's fan. Just let the boys play!

As I understand it, the car is also more stiffly sprung that a normal B due to the higher weight.

I have a bad rattle in my passenger side B? pillar. I can make it rattle by banging my palm on the side of the car. The dealer, however, can't seem to figure out the correct part # to order; the # they have doesn't seem correct in the picture. It's been several weeks now and I've even left a message asking for an update but I have none. Thinking of taking to a different dealer to see if they have any more luck.

I also have a less annoying less frequent rattle from the front dash, between wheel and door, but first things first.

Enjoying the quiet is one of the side benefits of EV so these rattles are annoying.

BCK, sorry to hear about the rattles. On the plus side, I hear it was 68 today in SD. We reached a high of 28 today in NYC.

No rattles so far, NYC area streets and parkways are a good test -- I've had the car 35 days.

sendler2112 said:
Run flat tires ride harsh and are expensive. This is a very bad trend in marketing for MB.

I agree tire noise and ride quality are my biggest complaints with the car (Michelin MOE).

GasNoMas said:
Really enjoying the car. We have a fleet of EV's at work but my MBEV is better in many facets. Current price and acceptable range even in this cold weather being two of them.
Do however have some minor dashboard and passenger seat rattles that are annoying. Always hard to identify the source exact spot when at the dealer. Anyone else displeased with the less than solid feel to the fit of the car IMO.

I have rattle in the passenger door panel. With radio on, at certain frequencies, there is a rattle (baffling type) of sound. I casually felt around the speaker area on the door panel and it seems to be 1 entire molded piece (there were no obvious clips or separate piece). I am not able to repeat the rattle on-demand; and it has not bothered me "enough" for me to investigate more or drive into dealer.

To follow up on the rattle in my B pillar, I left another message for the service rep and still did not get a reply. Very annoying. Is it just this rep/dealer? Is it because I'm driving a lowly B? Anyway, I decided to drive in and a face to face. At least he remembered me. Apparently, they identified the part but none exist and MB is going to have to actually make one! It's going to be 6-8 weeks. Really?

BCKator said:
Apparently, they identified the part but none exist and MB is going to have to actually make one! It's going to be 6-8 weeks. Really?

I also have a very annoying rattle in the passenger side B-pillar. The car went in today for them to try and identify it. Can you clarify which part was ordered to fix the rattle?

I'll post back on what I hear as well.

Bryce

Passenger door panel rattles a fair amount on mine too. Seems to happen on rough chip seal road and on just about all the music I listen too. If I push on the armrest towards the door it goes away.

My issue is in the pillar, not the door. The part we were waiting for to be made which they replaced (so they say) did not resolve the issue.
It's still there. I can make it happen by banging my palm on pillar. I demonstrated this to my service rep.
I happens on any mildly rough road. I can make it happen by driving on "bot dots" on freeway.
Very annoying. Still waiting for a response from my rep.

Does anybody know how to F-ing fix anything anymore?!?!?!?!

Mine was "fixed" and is back at the dealer for the same rattling passenger b-pillar. Not sure whar the cause is yet, of course.

Bryce

has anyone been able to get rid of the rattles?

I have a b-pillar rattle on bumpy roads and even with some music

also, have the hk sound system, and there is way to much of the bass frequencies being routed to the front door speakers. this results in door panel rattles that I have identified at both ends of the door card/panel. anyone else dealing with the same?

My B-pillar has no more rattle. The fix required applying more felt tape at some contact points. They also did the same with the driver's door. I'm still able to hear some faint rattles now and then, but not enough to justify giving the car up to the dealer for more downtime.

I'm pretty surprised at the noises this car makes. Seems M-B underestimated how many noises are masked by the ICE powertrain normally, my Spark EV makes fewer strange noises!

Bryce

My car had the b pillar rattles and a buzzing from the passenger door at 60Hz and 80hz by testing with an audio generator.

I purchased some minimal expanding foam and some Nashua door and window seal tape from home depot.

I pulled back the rear door seal and shot quite a bit of foam in the top above the seat belt mechanization. This has complexly fixed the door pillar rattle.

I was going to line my doors like ingineer did to his Leaf but even after finding the armrest screw I could not get the panel off and I did not want to force it. Instead I put the tape on the inside of the pocket front and on the very small shelf. This completely cured the buzzing. Maybe some day I will add it inside. I think the speakers are fine.

I DO NOT WANT A BOOMBOX CAR! I am years removed from my teenage years and I am not deaf. The stock speakers are good to about 50Hz and that is good enough for me.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5908&hilit=ingineer+speakers&start=50

Back