New Wheels arrived today!! (pics)

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run 44 in the front and 40 in the rear. I seldom carry anything in the back and the wider tires have more contact area=lower PSI. I did the chalk contact patch test and that is what I came up with.

Has anyone tried 18-inch wheels with the same width (all four)? 18/7.5 x 4 or 18 8.5 x 4? I don't understand why we need wider wheels int he back for a FWD. And I would like to get more life out of the tires by rotating.

stu1021 said:
I run 44 in the front and 40 in the rear. I seldom carry anything in the back and the wider tires have more contact area=lower PSI. I did the chalk contact patch test and that is what I came up with.

While the door post sticker says 44 psi for front and back, the charge port door says 38 for normal load and 44 for heavy load. The dealer insists it should be 38 psi, even though I saw clear indications of underinflated tires with my OEM 17s (excessive shoulder wear). I now have four of the same 18s (7.5" wide) and am curious if you have seen any evidence of excessive center wear at 44 psi. Also, my wheel alignment was way off - with an obvious pull after I got new tires (225/45/R18).

I use 44 psi front and rear on my 17" OEM all season ( summer) and Nokian winter tires. The tires are wearing very evenly. I measure the tires cold. In the shade. In the morning.

Back