No pedal shifters on 2014

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leousa

I was under impression that all B-Class electric are ALL coming with pedal shifters that regulate recuperation level.

Since our dealerships in Utah don't want to deal with electrics, we ordered one from Missuri. And first surprise: no pedal shifters!

The car was assembled in 09/2014 in Germany. Operation Manual only speaking about how to change recuperation level with the shifters.
My concern was that steering wheel was replaced at some point. Called Mercedes and they assured that there are some portion of the cars that does not have shifters. And that it: no more info. Has anyone know anything about it?

The car itself is fantastic. It does recuperate very well. Tested it in our mountains. And it seemed returned all extra energy spent going uphill back when we were going downhill. Specifically we went up in our Little Cottonwood Canyon (10 miles stretch with about 3600 ft altitude gain) and used 3/8 of the battery, and on the way down the battery got back 1/8. The mileage meter went up +10 miles. So overall we ended using 1/4 for 20 miles. Very impressive.

But still, there is not to many information about that (absence of the shifters on some of the cars) on the internet. And how to regulate the recuperation level in that case.

I believe the paddles only come with the "Radar Recuperation" option. This is part of Premium 1 package, so a lot of cars have it. It can also be ordered stand alone, but since it is technically an option, there are likely some cars that don't have it.

Strange, so you only have P, R, N and D, not D-, D+ or D-Auto? Try the shift selector.

The Peddles were an option on 2014 cars. Mine lacks them and I wish I had them but when you buy old stock and get a deal you have to take an existing car. I purchased the only one on the lot with the range extender.

Back