Replaced MB emblem on front grill

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

When I brought my car in to address the charging issue, low and behold, the Service Advisor found another problem. He said that the front MB emblem has some damage and that they could replace it for a new part. $350+, including parts and labor, all back to spec. He said that it could happen if another car backed into the front of the car. Looking at the front of our car, the front bumper indeed does not provide much protection. Since I park overnight on the street, this may happen again although I survived 3+ years without an issue in the past.

I don't have radar assisted braking option but apparently behind the emblem, which is plastic of course, is the front facing radar thingee I believe. So I replaced it as it is a leased unit and I would have had to pay for it on the back end in 21 months time.

Sorry to hear about your emblem. I always thought the radar was located behind the review mirror. I believe that is where it’s located on my Eclass.

If you want L3 Chademo charging Quick Charge Power has a unit that fits the Mercedes B. It sells for 3K plus install. They have installed over 200 in the RAV4EV and the Tesla Roadster.. The RAV4EV and the B share common codes.

Woody,

Just repeating what my Service Advisor told me without verifying. You could be correct of course.

JeffRay said:
When I brought my car in to address the charging issue, low and behold, the Service Advisor found another problem. He said that the front MB emblem has some damage and that they could replace it for a new part. $350+, including parts and labor, all back to spec. He said that it could happen if another car backed into the front of the car. Looking at the front of our car, the front bumper indeed does not provide much protection. Since I park overnight on the street, this may happen again although I survived 3+ years without an issue in the past.

I don't have radar assisted braking option but apparently behind the emblem, which is plastic of course, is the front facing radar thingee I believe. So I replaced it as it is a leased unit and I would have had to pay for it on the back end in 21 months time.

I looked everywhere for the emblem. It was cheapest at ECS.com. As I recall the dealer wanted $243 and it was $165 at ECS. This was for my poor totaled car that had a surfboard take out the emblem.

The parts guy at Anaheim Mercedes gave me the part number and I used Google to search.

JeffRay said:
Woody,

Just repeating what my Service Advisor told me without verifying. You could be correct of course.

Jeff, I stand corrected! Thanks! https://youtu.be/AXa_9ETDpsU

Woody,

Thanks for posting video. Who knew that I actually had radar assisted collision warning. Good to know. I just hope people don't remove it for a souvenir.

Back