Replacement key for 2015 B Class - Trunk release

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixpak

Took delivery of our 2015 Grey last Monday. Was just about to pull the trigger on a 2014 when the 2015's were being received so switched.

We were bummed there was no auto hatch on the B Class but accepted it. The keyless go was the major factor to upgrade to the 2015. When we took delivery, they could only locate one key and said they'd look for the second key or order us a new one. Thry couldn't locate it so they ordered a new one.

When I got the key today I was surprised to find it had a trunk button. I tried it on the car and it popped the trunk release and left the rest of the car locked. Would have loved to have seen the hatch open all the way up but it just popped the lock.

Were they saving money by only giving us lock and unlock buttons on the original factory remotes? Does everyone have the one without the trunk release?

After playing with it, there isn't much of an advantage because the keyless go unlocks the trunk when you pull the release so you don't need to take the keys out of your pocket to open the hatch. I'll keep it though so I have an extra toy.

B%20Key_zpsthdolwqm.jpg

sixpack, thanks for the post. Trust you are enjoying your stealth zippy MB Be too.

Back