Seat memory

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonwa

Hello,

2015 b-class with premium and media packages. Was hoping someone can school me of why I have to hold down the seat memory button to get it to return fully? All my other cars I push and release the button and the settings are restored. No sitting there holding the button waiting for it to return.

Hopefully I am doing something wrong. :)

Thanks

Lonwa

Mine does the same thing. I was a little confused at first but then held down the button. On our other car, if the car is not turned on it will move all the way with a single press but if the igniton is on it requires a button hold. I haven't tried that yet in the B Class.

Thank you!!! I never held down the button, I figured it just did mirrors. Thought is was lame like the Navi and voice command.

It does make sense though. If seat is set way back and you have a rear passenger it's nice that it doesn't auto crush them :)

Ours acts this way as well. It seems like forever as I'm waiting for the number 2 button to move the seat back to my position.
It may be worth referring to the manual.
I've got a faint recollection that it may possibly associate seat/mirror position with the key used to unlock it, in which case I really ought to label them...
If it doesn't, this would be a nice way for MB to reduce the time spent holding down a button before entering without affecting much else.

Yep, this is my third MB and they all are wired this way. They tout safety over all else. I remember one time I was holding the button and my daughter yelped as her hand was caught under the lowering headrest. I apologized and kissed her hand.

I believe you are also right about the key fobs but I have not tested in the Be yet.

Back