Service Manuals

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallcp

When I went looking for a Mercedes service manual I was surprised to find nothing was available. I even emailed Haynes and asked, they replied: "There is not that much of a demand Mercedes manuals." Hmmm!

EMANUALONLINE Download

Finally I realized that several sources had an electronic manual for the B-Class, but the manual actually includes ALL Mercedes vehicles... IN ONE app. These things are about 17G and yes it includes our Electric B's. I purchased an electronic download from https://www.emanualonline.com/ for $12.99.

If you think your Windows machine can download a 17G file, this might work for you. My Windows machine could not. I had to use a Linux machine to finally get it. They offer a version on a USB stick, but it's $65.

Once you have the file there's an 11-step process to get it running. This version uses a virtual PC from Oracle called Virtual Box. When you succeed in installing it you actually have another copy of Windows running in a window on your PC.

Once running, a quick start guide steps your through logging in to the Mercedes WIS/ASRA application for accessing service info. Hoo-boy, this is another learning curve. Note that our B-Class is also known as W242.

EBAY DVD set from informatik2014

I also purchased a DVD set from eBay. For $15.99 I bought the "MERCEDES BENZ ALL MODELS SERVICE REPAIR WORKSHOP MANUAL FACTORY DVD/CD GUIDE" from informatik2014's ebay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/OBD-Systems?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

This arrived promptly and all four DVD's loaded properly. Again, you have to install some software to read the files, in this case the 7-Zip utility and another virtual machine, VMWARE. This version includes the EPC parts manual as well as the WIS/ASRA service manual app. This is the same Mercedes WIS/ASRA app.

EPC-screenshot.jpg

SUMMARY

So there you have it. Of the two I recommend the eBay DVD-set, but once downloaded they're similar (except for the missing EPC Parts manual from the emanualpnline version). In either case you wind up with what must be the same thing the dealer service department uses. The interface is pretty complex, but I have already muddled through and answered a couple of questions I had.

I purchased the software also. It is not like a dedicated manual. You need to know what part you are booking for.. To me it was useless.

Back