Still have E+ after alleged firmware update

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phototrek

Today I had the dealer do a firmware update on my 2015. When I picked up the car, I still had E+.

Now, I have serious doubts about the technical (heck overall) competency of my dealer, so who knows what they did, if anything. But how can I tell for sure - and how could I get another dealer to do it "properly"? What incentive would a different dealer possibly have? Besides, does anyone know a dealer that has a clue in the SF bay?

The E+ mode disappeared after my firmware update, but I suspect that's because I have the 2014 model. I've seen other posts like yours about the E+ option still being present after update, but only from 2015 owners. I think the button label on the dash itself is different on the 2015. My 2014 has E/S stenciled on the button so it was always a disconnect when E+ would pop up. I spoke with a 2015 owner who said there were three letters on his console button, so it would make sense that you would still have an E+ mode available to you after update.

Back