Tesla CPO for used 60kWh

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmartElectric

Wondering what used Tesla Model S 60kWh with 4 year 50,000 mile (from purchase point forward) will attract vs the Mercedes B ED at ~$50k.

Example:
http://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned/p11041

60 kWh Model S 2013 24,558 miles P11041
$55,000

The 85 is around 59k. I saw one today. The b class still seems like a better value though especially since the CPO's will not get auto pilot etc in the future. I plan to lease the b class though the thought of the tesla is tempting.

I looked at this option prior to getting my B-class and did not go forward with it for the following reasons:

-There are no leases on these cars.
-The monthly payments are still in the $700-800 range.
-There is no federal tax credit on used cars. If you subtract $7500 from $75,000 (a new 70 Kwh D Model S) you are at $67,500. Not too far from the used one with less features.
-Tesla Model S is a big car. I really prefer something with a smaller foot print for personal reasons and due to the size of my garage.

Lease a B-class for 3 years for about $12K out of pocket and put your deposit on a Model 3 Tesla when you can. In 3 years it should be available along with a number of other similarly ranged cars.

Stretch,
Good summary of the rationale to go with the MB. I am going to pass on the tesla too. The 59k 85 does not have parking sensors nor will it get the latest updates. I crunched numbers too, for a loan of 35k, the payment is still 500+. Between BMW of Sf has some crazy prices on 2014 i3 w/ Rex but I hated the regenerative braking on the i3.

SmartElectric said:
Wondering what used Tesla Model S 60kWh with 4 year 50,000 mile (from purchase point forward) will attract vs the Mercedes B ED at ~$50k.

Example:
http://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned/p11041

60 kWh Model S 2013 24,558 miles P11041
$55,000

Zero interest. Because the B Class new is $28000 in California - and you can lease it. Completely different markets.

Agreed that is a very expensive luxury used car. And with 26,000 miles already on it, who knows what lies ahead.

Seeing CPO Tesla Model S 60KWH cars selling for big discount off new, one went for $46K.

Personally, I just got back from 2500km in our new (to us) CPO Tesla Model S 85, that's a lot of gas free driving in our first week of ownership!

wtzouris said:
Agreed that is a very expensive luxury used car. And with 26,000 miles already on it, who knows what lies ahead.

My Tesla CPO came with new tires, brakes and charging cable. Was detailed in as-new condition. My car has a warranty same as new, so an additional 4 years and 50000 miles from the date I purchased (a week ago).

Let me tell you, we put 2500km in our first week, this car is light years ahead of anything else I've ever driven. Fantastic car!

http://gas2.org/2015/08/20/cheapest-tesla-model-s-yet/

One lucky hustler from Ohio may now hold claim to the cheapest Tesla Model S via the CPO program (or anywhere). “HustleSimmons” got a 2013 Tesla Model S with just 20,000 miles, Supercharger access, and a number of other add-ons for a bargain price of $42,900.

Stunning. Well equipped car with 4 year warranty for the same price as new B class .

SmartElectric said:
http://gas2.org/2015/08/20/cheapest-tesla-model-s-yet/

One lucky hustler from Ohio may now hold claim to the cheapest Tesla Model S via the CPO program (or anywhere). “HustleSimmons” got a 2013 Tesla Model S with just 20,000 miles, Supercharger access, and a number of other add-ons for a bargain price of $42,900.

Stunning. Well equipped car with 4 year warranty for the same price as new B class .
Pure electric cars are depreciating very quickly because of: 1) anticipated quick changes in technology, 2) fear of old batteries. For example, 2013 Nissan LEAF original msrp $30k are now selling for under $10k.

The $42.9k Model S sited above is $47.5k with tax and fees. Everyone is different, but many would still choose to lease the B at $9600 for three years (3000 + 35 x 260 - 2500 Calif rebate, 45k miles, msrp $49k+). Note the B and Model S share the exact same motor and battery technology (Panasonic chemistry, Tesla battery pack technology & drivetrain electronics)

There are a few states where rebate for electric cars is $6000, for them the B is $6100 for three years.

(and if you are employed by Google, your employer will give you an additional $2500. For them, in California the B is $7100 for 3 years, in states where the rebate is $6000, it's $3600 for 3 years!)

Back