The seat is killing my back!

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pobi

Have been driving my b class for last few days; the seat is killing my back! It seems that the lumber support does not go low/back enough. Anybody has experienced this? Thx

Pobi,

Have not experienced during my lease term even though I do suffer from being older and subject to random back issues. Sorry to hear. Definitely try different positions as the seats are firm and use a prosthetic if it helps. Addressing back pain is complicated.

As to tires, your safety aside, I am told that dealers throw out old tires in any case. When I return my originals which I removed off the car, they will only have had 2000 miles put on them but will be 3 years old. I switched to softer ride all season non run flat Michelins.

Speaking of that, is it the seats or are you experiencing the hard ride that comes with a stiff bottom and run flat tires? The ride smoothed out when I switched from run flats.

Thanks a lot Jeff for comprehensive reply.

As for the tires unfortunately I have already bought 2 new run flat for a premium price, so will be stuck with them. The ride is not smooth but I can leave with that.

For the seat, I guess the issue is mainly with my back; I had problem with 3 out of 5 cars that bought in the last 5 years. Hopefully a. Ishion will help. BTW, any recommendation for the prostethic?

Thanks,
Pobi

Pobi,

No prosthetic recommendation. My back issues were thankfully muscle related. They have calmed down since I lost 15 lbs and stopped ingesting refined sugar! I recommend that regimen to all couch potatoes like me.

Pobi,

I recently discovered the button on the side of the seat that adjusts the lumbar support. I assume you tried pumping it up already.

If it was on my 2014, never noticed. It is there on my 2017.

JeffRay said:
Pobi,

I recently discovered the button on the side of the seat that adjusts the lumbar support. I assume you tried pumping it up already.

If it was on my 2014, never noticed. It is there on my 2017.

Yes; already tried that :)

Back