Toll tags and Heated WIndshield

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindner

Looks like my fastrak transponder isn't being read on my 2015 B. Going to try the dotted area near the rear view mirror next time. Anyone know if that will work? I'd rather not have the exterior toll tag.

I've used my Fastrak in my Class-B without a problem.

I just threw it up on the dash ahead of the steering wheel and didn't think anything about it. I know that when I drove in the lane previously, and did not have the transponder (we share just one), I did get a citation letter. Since the transponder beeped appropriately while I was in the lane, and I did not get a letter, then it should be working.

I used it on the I-110 south of downtown Los Angeles.

jphollywodd - Do you have the heated windshield? I do and I think that's the source of my problem. I'll experiment a little more this weekend..

Yes the heated windshield will block RF toll tags. There is small area to the right of the rear view mirror that is clear of the heating grid for these tags. I have an EZ Pass there and it works fine.

Thanks everyone. Indeed, the area to the right of the rear view mirror mount works perfectly, and is even visible in the right lighting conditions.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but we left town right after Xmas and this is the first time I checked the forum since we got back this week.

Sounds like you resolved the question but just for the record, no we do not have the heated windshield.

JP

Back