User Error

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

This has happened to me more than once and I am getting tired of it. I have a MB keychain and ChargePoint mini card attached to the key. As I normally have kids in the back, I have the seat up so my right thigh is under the steering wheel but comfortable. I know that you are supposed to be back away from the airbag. So when I am parked at a traffic light and if the ChargePoint card is straight up and down above my thigh, sometimes when I lift my right leg to move from brake to accelerator, it literally torques the key and pops the ignition off. A couple of honked horns later, after I step back on the brake, put the car into Park, and turn the ignition, I am off. A little embarrassed but no damage. It has never happened thank goodness when I am driving at speed.

So what to do, first I moved further away from the wheel. If that does not work, off with the ChargePoint card even though it is tres convenient to have it on the keychain.

I just read in another post that the 2015 has a keyless ignition so they won't suffer from this form of user error. But you 2014 owners, beware of this kind of user error.

Back