Wiper shuttering? Really???

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LALarry

Well we finally had some serious rain here in the L. A area yesterday and for the first time since having my MBED, I got to try out the wipers. Wow. Really Mercedes Benz?? A $50k+ car and the wipers shutter against the windshield?? My Chevy Colt had smooth silent wipers. PLUS, there's NO delay wipe. It's either rain sensing which can go from slow to really fast to off and anything in between in a manic way, or simply on all the time. So disappointed. Anyone experience this and have a solution?

Mine in Orange County works fine. I normally leave it at the wide spaced dots on the rain sensing setting. Sometimes I give a quick push to the stalk button to clear the windshield before the sensing kicks in. I have no complaints. The manual settings also work fine. My B is a 2014 unit purchased in January.

My wipers are good, I just ordered another set but my car is 10 months old, and we had a tough winter and lots of rain in the spring. Your wipers are probably dry from not enough use. Change em. Bosch ICON 26OE and 19OE.

LA Larry.

As another LA user I can confirm we had the same issue. Taking it into the shop next week. They will probably just replace the wiper blades.

Maybe it will fix it.

Back