yay problems already

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

In typical Mercedes fashion, problems are starting to pop up at 600 miles.

#1 I have a 22lb dog that rides with me. Today the airbag went from off to on even though the front seatbelt was never used. I don't know how the stupid airbag would activate when no seat belts are used!!!!

#2 As I was sitting at a drive thru for a coffee, I got a message on the dash saying "Service Required Do Not Shift Gears Visit Dealer". Of course it was gone after a restart. I also noticed the parking brake got engaged as soon as I put it in park. I am not sure if that is from the problem or the Parktronic?

As for (1): Do you realize how many people drive / ride without their seat belts on? Judging if the airbag should be activated or not simply based on the seat belt use would cost many more people their lives or health.

On #1. The air bags are not set by the seatbelt. In fact you can thank the US government for this as there is a requirement to test an unbelted passenger. Europe it is the opposite as they size the bag assuming a belted passenger. Your dog should be in the back.

#2. Read the manual. It clearly states the parking brake will be set occasionally to exercise the system even if you don't use it. It is not a big deal as it auto releases when you put the car in drive.

Back