Just Joining the B250e crew

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
macapaca said:
Hi Paul,
I also have just this week bought a 2017 with 35k on the clock.
I'm in the UK.

Kindest regards
John

Hey John! It’s a pleasure to meet you! How are you liking yours?

2017 should be a good year! Here in the USA my 2014 came without Apple CarPlay or the "Range Plus" option which let's you charge to 100%. If I were buying again I'd get a newer one, but I really love mine. Even at my car's age I get about 85 miles range in the spring/summer/fall and maybe 60 or so in cold weather.

Please do share your early impressions as you get familiar with your '17!

Charles.

hallcp said:
2017 should be a good year! Here in the USA my 2014 came without Apple CarPlay or the "Range Plus" option which let's you charge to 100%. If I were buying again I'd get a newer one, but I really love mine. Even at my car's age I get about 85 miles range in the spring/summer/fall and maybe 60 or so in cold weather.

Please do share your early impressions as you get familiar with your '17!

Charles.

Hey Charles!

So far, I’m a big fan. I drive about 15 miles to work, and my office has free level 2 charging.

In Utah, some mornings are below freezing, but I still seem to be getting around 75 miles on a full charge. I’m excited to see that number increase as it gets warmer.

I wish mine had some more options, but overall, I’m quite happy. I’m going to try to get CarPlay activated next week, so we will see how that goes.

How has yours held up?

I just picked up a 2016 yesterday in white with the red leather interior. Loving it so far! Longing for Apple CarPlay and a backup camera too. Mine also does not have the range plus option, but the 87ish mile range suits my current needs. Thinking of getting the windows tinted though for sure!
IMG_2294.jpeg

I just picked up a 2016 yesterday in white with the red leather interior. Loving it so far! Longing for Apple CarPlay and a backup camera too. Mine also does not have the range plus option, but the 87ish mile range suits my current needs. Thinking of getting the windows tinted though for sure!
View attachment 19
Happy for you, it's a fun car, you will love it. You can buy aftermarket CarPlay adaptors that have reversing camera option, it's a couple of hundred bucks but usually plug and play. Although if your car was manufactured December 2015 or later (and has the NGT5 radio) you can just buy a $20 dongle from Ebay that activates Carplay in your car.

Happy for you, it's a fun car, you will love it. You can buy aftermarket CarPlay adaptors that have reversing camera option, it's a couple of hundred bucks but usually plug and play. Although if your car was manufactured December 2015 or later (and has the NGT5 radio) you can just buy a $20 dongle from Ebay that activates Carplay in your car.
Thanks jjo for your advice about OBD adaptors for Car Play and Android Auto. They are also available on Amazon.

View attachment 19
After some menu diving, I realized it does in fact have Apple CarPlay. And I didn’t yet realize what the button was, but seems to have Range Plus as well! Woot woot!

Now my eyes are set on window tinting and a backup camera. 😎

wow, good on you! if i recall correctly, you might have to have a MB special cable to connect your iphone to the car. my current 2021 MB GLC isnt wireless and unlikely yours is either. check out the forum to find out if it works before buying the cable.

it would be worth having a MB dealer check out the car by running the diagnostics if you have not already done so. also, confirm any remaining warranty on battery. as we are now in 2024 and yours is a 2016, unlikely but who knows.

enjoy the ride.

Back