B-Class Electric Drive Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Without restarting, consult workshop
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:36 pm 

And now my turn!

2015 B-class w/ 21000 miles. Got this message about 6 months ago and the 12V battery was completely drained. Took it to the dealership, they replaced what they called the charger (inverter?) and it was back working. This time around they are being a little more careful and have had it in the dealership for over a week now without any progress. Wish me luck.

-Michael

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:58 pm 

Good luck Michael!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:29 pm 

2014/ over 38,000 miles
Malfunction visit workshop appeared about two weeks ago. Car drives and charges fine. Charge only goes up to about 96% but other than that it drives fine. Range is lower than usual but it's the winter.
Dropped it off at the dealer on Monday and they tell me they won't know what's wrong until Friday. No loaner available, so they have me in a rental but I'm out of pocket because the rental agency didn't have a car in the price range the dealer had contracted with them for, so was forced to upgrade.
Went by to pick up some things from the car and saw that it's not in the service bay but parked and sitting there. I'm guessing they are waiting for instructions and have no clue what to do with it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:43 am 

Gleearch,

Yes, you are correct. Consistent with others, better to not let them monkey around but to consult Germany. My dealer told me that there were only a couple of trained techs for our car. Translation, we don't know.

Be sure to read up on this topic and press to talk to the actual tech vs. service advisor unless he/she has been with you for many years. Don't know if yours is a lease or purchase but if the latter, wouldn't it be great if they replaced the motor under warranty?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 pm 

Update.
After a week of sitting in the dealer repair bay, they replaced the DU under warranty. The replacement itself seemed to take all of one day and then a couple more for them to test drive it. I was glad to get the car back. Now it drives fine with no issues. No slight reverse before moving forward from a dead stop, no choking and then jerking forward, no loud snap sounds when driving on the freeway, etc.

They also took care of the additional charge on the rental because it took them a good long time with no update to me even though I was texting everyday asking for an update.

At least it was resolved for me. Makes me wonder how many are going to have this issue later when their warranties expire. Plus with the car discontinued, how many additional DUs will they continue to carry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:55 am 

gleearch,

You are 100% right. No one will be pleased if this problem crops up after warranty expires or if parts are no longer available. One would think that Mercedes will find a way to support the B250e but I think their other option is to trade owner of failed DU car into another Mercedes electric when available. If out of warranty, not sure what I would do other than try to get an insurance check or write it off as a tax loss.

Glad to hear that they replaced DU for you and that you have your B250e back. Enjoy the ride.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:38 pm 

Our turn. 2015 with 46K miles. Yesterday my wife got a low pressure indications and immediately got this message as well. Still under warranty! I think it's MB's way of getting you to buy tires from them! Kidding, hopefully the it's not a DU replacement. Wish me luck!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:59 am 

It's been two weeks and very little on the status of the car. Local Benz dealer performs a number of tests per Germany's request, and sends the data back home. Most interesting item thus far is finding coolant inside the motor, just a little bit. Still curious to see what MB does. We have been enjoying the loaner GLC300, better than the GLA we had last time.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm 

After pressing the service adviser...They are sending data to MBUSA, and are awaiting approval for replacement of the DU, at the cost of $15k. For those who had the replacement, any of them failed? Trying to determine the value of this car as it approaches end of warranty. My wife loves this car, which doesn't make things easier. Just happy that this happened with 47k miles, and not 51k.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:52 pm 

Wow all these posts are making me reconsider a used b250e. Does MB offer an extended warranty comparable to the toyota platinum for the RAV4EV? Seems like a great car but am leery of DU replacement cost out of warranty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next