B Class Electric Drive post your pictures

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw a white MB-EV driving near my house. It looked inoffensive, which is a relief after my Leaf and the i3.

I agree, looks inoffensive, most electric cars look inoffensive, LEAF looks ugly for my taste, i3 interor is smaller than B electric drive and looks cheap inside, lot of plastic parts, but the exterior is nicer than a B class. I like the Volt exterior but rear space is limited, Mercedes B was my choice since I still have the feeling of driving a Mercedes Benz, interor is beutifull for a small electric car, seats are great. I'm worried about how I feel inside, When I purchase the B I didn't like the exterior too much but now I love the car.

Lots of care look "inoffensive" but that does not mean I'd want to own them... At 50K, I want something that is more than just inoffensive...
I actually like the looks of the Leaf; at least it stands out from the crowd... The i3, on the other hand, is just too far over the top...

DeaneG said:
I just saw a white MB-EV driving near my house. It looked inoffensive, which is a relief after my Leaf and the i3.

tomt said:
The i3, on the other hand, is just too far over the top...

It is very hard for me call the i3 far over the top when basically it doesn't have any leg space in the rear seats, it doesn't have any space in the trunk for more than a gallon of milk, for people riding on rear seats you can't beat the higher ceiling from the B class, since on the i3 the heads almost touch the head liner, for a single person with no family maybe it's perfect but my wife rides the B electric with 3 kids and still stop at Costco to get some groceries, I was look for a functional car not just a nice looking electric ride. B class style, not the electric one, but same style (gas and diesel) is one of the most popular cars in Europe, I believe that mean something.

mercedes-benz-b-class-frankfurt-2011-02.jpg

30912_mer_b_11_test_2.jpg

i dont understand why you have that orange reflector in the bumpers... and the wheels for USA...

The B class is a very beautifull car in europe... see the pictures....

You just succinctly stated some of the reasons why I consider the i3 to be over the top... I also believe that the ED went too far the other direction... But then, since it is not a purpose-built EV like the Leaf or i3, but rather an adaption of an ICE, some of that is to be expected... One of my more direct complaints of the ED is the dismal efficiency and high weight...

Wally said:
tomt said:
The i3, on the other hand, is just too far over the top...
It is very hard for me call the i3 far over the top when basically it doesn't have any leg space in the rear seats, it doesn't have any space in the trunk for more than a gallon of milk, for people riding on rear seats you can't beat the higher ceiling from the B class, since on the i3 the heads almost touch the head liner

rdias said:
i dont understand why you have that orange reflector in the bumpers... and the wheels for USA...

I am in USA, it is the new B class electric drive

tomt said:
You just succinctly stated some of the reasons why I consider the i3 to be over the top... I also believe that the ED went too far the other direction... But then, since it is not a purpose-built EV like the Leaf or i3, but rather an adaption of an ICE, some of that is to be expected... One of my more direct complaints of the ED is the dismal efficiency and high weight...
Yes the early reports of inefficiency are depressing. However given the great aerodynamics of the B-Class, I'm not convinced the low efficiency isn't some bogus side-effect of the car not using much of it's battery. I am hoping that the EPA didn't actually measure kW and miles, just used the recorded capacity and miles driven. So I will reserve the my opinion of the efficiency until after I have driven the car for a few weeks....

Wally said:
rdias said:

Wally said:
rdias said:

that pictures its ours B Class ( petrol and diesel ) but i think it will be the same next year with thr electric unit....

The EPA measures actual power pulled from the wall to charge it versus miles driven, so it is a very accurate and direct measurement of efficiency. The MPGe raw number is somewhat meaningless but it is very good for direct comparisons to other EVs..

padamson1 said:
I am hoping that the EPA didn't actually measure kW and miles, just used the recorded capacity and miles driven. So I will reserve the my opinion of the efficiency until after I have driven the car for a few weeks....

Back