Best deal for 3 year maintenance package

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deccan

Folks,

What is the best deal you have got for the 3 year maintenance package?...pls share info on dealer, if OK.

thanks,
Deccan

The best deal may be to pay as you go since the scheduled maintenance on this vehicle is so little. I reviewed it with my dealer and that was conclusion I came to.

Just did the 36 mo lease on white 2014 B class. Included the 3 year maint for $450 (over 36 mo) (10k & 20K service). Called a few service centers, seemed to be a good deal. :)

I did no maintenance and I intend to go to the dealer as few times as possible in a three year lease. Does the car require a yearly visit to reset the maintenance reminder?

I was told that a 10k & 20k mi maintenance was required with the lease. That was the only cost along with keeping it =< 30k miles.

Go look at the maintenance log - all of the maintenance for this car is 'inspections.' There is ZERO reason to buy ANY maintenance plan for a B Class.

Most of us are on a lease with this car - the lease requires that inspections happen. Check the cabin air filter? check some other element? The requirement is to CHECK the filters - the replacement schedule happens long after the leave is over.

No oil changes. no air filters. no oil filters. brake pads will take many 10s of thousands of miles. There is no other maintenance. Everything that breaks is a warranty repair or 4 year / 50k.. All you need to do is to document the inspections - anyone can do that - there is ZERO requirement to have the dealer do it. . .

As for the price of the MB Maintenance deal . . . they started at $895 but understood the insanity of that with an electric car- they went to $695 immediately. Then when we balked - they went to $500. Thats when I asked them what the maintenance plan covers for this specific vehicle - I wanted details - they could not answer the question - because there is no maintenance required - you have to certify the inspection - ANYONE can do it - just write it into the log book. Eventually they admitted that everything that could go wrong would be covered under warranty regardless of inspections. . . there is no point - just do the inspection and sign it off.

I agree with Comanchepilot 1000%. No maintenance plan is the best plan for a three year lease. I'm not sure what I am going to do when my car asks for maintenance at 10k miles. -- Can any auto repair shop with a computer reset that?

wtzouris said:
I agree with Comanchepilot 1000%. No maintenance plan is the best plan for a three year lease. I'm not sure what I am going to do when my car asks for maintenance at 10k miles. -- Can any auto repair shop with a computer reset that?

Yeah, its pretty simple - turn the key 5 times. in and out of gear wear a pink hat on tuesday, verra ez

Well then looks like I'm paying $450 for nothing.... :roll:

Still, for $259 / month plus $12.50 (450/36) All is good...

Thanks for the education, hopefully members will read this before they negotiate their lease.

Back