Car Rental discounts for B-Class through Mercedes-Benz?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fkrull

Does anyone know if Mercedes-Benz provides any discounts or special arrangements with car rental companies such as Enterprise for when we need to take a longer car trip?

For example, Fiat provides $300 a year for 3 years to owners/lessees of it's 500e electric car for car rentals, and BMW has some kind of arrangement for owners/lessees of its BMWi. I would think Mercedes-Benz would do something for owners/lessees of it's new B-Class Electric Drive.

fkrull said:
Does anyone know if Mercedes-Benz provides any discounts or special arrangements with car rental companies such as Enterprise for when we need to take a longer car trip?

For example, Fiat provides $504 a year for 3 years to owners/lessees of it's 500e electric car for car rentals, and BMW has some kind of arrangement for owners/lessees of its BMWi. I would think Mercedes-Benz would do something for owners/lessees of it's new B-Class Electric Drive.

Is the Fiat program due to available range of the car, or available range of the owner sitting in a Fiat 500? :)
I'm joking. It's a very interesting idea to package an accommodation for longer trips into the purchase, or as an option.
Perhaps in areas/time periods that they're equipped, they could use dealer loaner vehicles to do something for product line awareness at the same time.
I'm not aware of anything being done in this regard.

fkrull, dont believe so as MB likely did not want to highlight range limits and expected their typical buyers to have the means to buy more than one MB. They may have to rethink that assumption.

I am in the dealer twice a week to charge and will ask someone about their loaner program since most MB dealers have some loaners on hand for customers when their car is in the shop. Whether they can extend the courtesy to us for a longer road trip is the question.

I am back to dealer next Tuesday and will inquire and report.

Back