Check if RECALL applies to your MBe

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have me confused with the post I responded to. So far I have been satisfied with my dealer ( Mercedes of Long Beach). I am planning to do the recall and yearly check in December. It will be within the 2 month window but a month early.

I haven't been following the forum the past few months, so was surprised yesterday when my dealer called me to schedule the recall. They mentioned 2 items, a recall and campaign?

My appt is scheduled for tomorrow morning and they said it would take only 2 hours! I hope that's an accurate time estimate, as I agreed to wait. Should have requested a car...

Sorry Glenn, my post was directed at Pavan, not you.

My appointment is tomorrow, I am getting a ride to office and will retrieve at end of work day.

I am getting the recall done on Thursday at 10:00 AM. Since there is a 2 month window I will get my A service and battery check also. I am going to wait for it since it should not take long.

I purchased my B on January 19. I have all of 4K for mileage so it is strictly by time. Now that I am retired I no longer have commuting mileage ( 38 miles round trip to the City of Long Beach Radio Shop).

I was in last Saturday to get a replacement second key (dealer had lost it before the vehicle was delivered to me). After talking with them a bit, they said they have one tech that can work on this car and scheduled the recall work for this coming Saturday. They also mentioned a second "recall" which may not actually be a recall, but its an update for the command module.

Has anyone heard of this one?

I have not had any problems with the command system, but they claim it can sometimes flash and go dark while in use due to some bug. Keep in mind, I do not have the up level system, its just the base one. Most of you on here seem to have the optioned system so the software is likely completely different.

CG et al,

Yep. Got mine done today. One was the recall, "perform open recall for powertrain software 2015" and the other was, "perform open software update 2015" which was updating the control unit software. No incidents on way home but I had not had any in 12 months.

Warning, I went in also for Service A and they could not do as they did not have parts in stock, specifically the desiccant filters! This is sadly consistent with my other incident where a run flat was punctured and they wanted to replace it under warranty but also did not have the tire in stock. I told them I would see them next week when I came in for my weekly charge. No charge for Service A as it was thrown in when I leased the car on Black Friday 2014.

My recalls were completed today, took about 4 hours. They did recall campaign 2015100005 and service campaign 2015070002.

I noticed an improvement on the lurching issue right away, not nearly as noticeable.

I had some errands to run on the way home and was surprised that after approx 4-5 miles I was still showing 100% charge. When I got home after 12 miles I was at 95%. This is a big improvement! In my first 8000 miles the % always dropped to 95-96 % within 3-4 miles going mostly downhill. Heading home is uphill, a 12% grade at one point. I'm not complaining but curious what caused the improvement?

The other odd thing when I picked the car up was the, "From Reset" meter showed 321 miles, 14:24 h, 12.4 mpkWH, and 22mph.

Anyone else notice similar readings after this recall?

If your car has the range package, the dealer could have range charged the car.

Otherwise it could be the fact that the car was inside being worked on, keeping the battery warm, etc. Its hard to say till the conditions you drive in are exactly the same as normal.

Well, I showed up for my 10:00 AM apt. When I got there there was no record of my apt. They said that the web site had problems but they took me in anyway. The safety update was done and a campaign update was also done. There was third recall for an emission sticker. BFG, when it comes in I will ask them to mail it to me. Overall I am pleased with Mercedes Benz of Long Beach. When my apt did not show up they could have sent me on my way instead of accommodating me. I left at 11:30 so I am good. They said my low mileage car was like new. Retirement is great!

RGD, not for me. I left dealer with 88%, drove 4 miles home in urban traffic, this morning, the app says 74%, normal 1.6 mKwh for urban driving in 50s weather.

Ours goes in Friday. We have needed to reboot the car twice. Warning lights only.

I don't want to use a full charge and the time to drive back to the selling dealer (MB of Smithtown) so I am bring it to the local dealer (MB of Southampton). The local dealership hasn't worked on car before so wish me luck. Making them give me a loaner in case.

Re: CamaroGuy and command
"I have not had any problems with the command system, but they claim it can sometimes flash and go dark while in use due to some bug. Keep in mind, I do not have the up level system, its just the base one. Most of you on here seem to have the optioned system so the software is likely completely different."

I have this issues with my sprinter, base model. Reboots at random. Can't play music from iOS since iOS 9. Never have been able to play music from iOS with my B class.

Luuuukkkkkeeee,

Sorry, couldn't stop myself. In anycase I note that you have 3 car seats. Others have asked in the past if that is possible in the back. Can you please share the type of seats and how you squeezed all three in? Two front facing and one rear facing?

We have 2 booster seats and one front or rear facing seat. We just looked for the least bulky models and then bought seat belt extensions to make life easier. The two boosters on the outsides worked out best. There is not much room to
Spare but everyone fits.

They also updated a few other software items so now I can actually use the media interface. The short cable is annoying but it finally works!!!

JeffRay said:
Sorry Glenn, my post was directed at Pavan, not you.

My appointment is tomorrow, I am getting a ride to office and will retrieve at end of work day.
I got my recall completed -- as well as the COMAND update -- a couple ofweeks ago. Wasn't impressed with the service. I asked the service rep to top up the washer fluid, he said yes, but it was not done. One mile out of the dealer lot, the Check washer fluid sign comes on again. If he wasn't going to get it done, he should have told me so.

For anyone wondering, Mercedes Benz of Oakland, CA was the dealer.

Got our recall campaign handled today at MB of Greenwich CT. Never experienced the loss of power issue though. Dropped off first thing this morning, given a 2016 C300 sedan loaner.

Power train module updated per recall, updated SW on "Gatway / Acc" per another bulletin, and some sort of label was replaced per a campaign as well. The "from reset" trip computer was reset and displayed 8 mi/KwH which explains someones previous comment about the GOP being wonky for a short time after the update. I reset and all seems normal.

8300 miles so figured rotate the tires, and 2 days ago the passenger side rear brake / turn signal lamp went out. You get a warning message on the dash screen for this in case anyone was wondering. That needed a bulb.

It was pouring rain, maybe it was washed but it was certainly vacuumed.

No charge for the tire rotation and the entire drop off / pick up process was valet. I could be picky and say they didn't top off the battery charge but it was above 80% so not really a concern.

Now that the tires are rotated and good for a while, the "service A" will be due in about 2k miles and really all it will need is the battery filter(s) at that point so I'm sure some discussion will be had on pricing for said service.

The loaner was interesting, the C class interior is very very nice. The ride was excellent and the cabin quiet. Good room inside and the trunk was huge for a small sedan. All the electronics in the C class a generation newer than the B class but not a drastic change. All the controls and menus were very familiar. The engine however does not seem in keeping with a $52k car. It idles on the rough side, the auto stop / restart for gas savings is harsh (you can disable it) and the 7 speed transmission shifts from 1-2-3 quickly from each stop and isn't all that graceful about it. Once underway with some RPM's on the tach it smooths out and all is well but around town I'd think the V6 C400 model is a big improvement in low speed smoothness.

All told a good experience and other than that brake lamp the car has been trouble free for 10 months and 8300 miles.

Back