Ever seen a BCED on the road other than your own?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pavan

I have been on the lookout for this model on the road ever since I ordered mine in November. I see the occasional i3, and many a Leaf, but not a single B class spotted in the real world in five months. Other than my own of course. I live in the bay area and drive often in San Francisco. I like the exclusivity I guess, but wonder why there aren't more of these nice cars around.

The main reason that the leasing deals are so good is that Mercedes and green do not belong in the same sentence. While I could not afford a 50K Class B. with special lease rates and a 36K price I made a deal. Currently the lease rates on remaining stock are even better. I am happy with my January deal. Waiting until late April means a better deal but the stock is limited. In January I got the car I wanted.

I was driving and caught up to a mountain grey and we drove in tandem up and down a large hill in OC until I turned off. Quite a surprise seeing these 2 side by side. The other driver was oblivious to the scene...

No, have never seen another. - New Jersey.

I used to have a Focus Electric which sells about the same rate. I saw 4-5 of them in the 2 years I had mine. Actually there was one 2 blocks away in my neighborhood.

Not only is there no other B-Class on the roads the styling is so generic MB no one really even notices the car. I actually prefer this...but no one even notices it is a different model or Electric. My Focus would get somewhat noticed by people that were into cars and would notice the different front end styling of the Focus Electric.

I was driving back from Mercedes of Long Beach on spring and I followed a Long Beach stripper without even Sirius until it turned left into a housing track. That is the only driving one. A person interested in my EVSE's came by with the only other one I have seen.

It is kind of like when I had a 1969 BMW 2002. Everyone flashed their headlights at a meeting. Now it is the yuppie car of choice.

Yes, I've probably seen 4 without counting my own B Class since last October 2014 in the South Bay Area. Back in October 2014, I didn't know this car existed. After I saw the first one on my way to work, I searched mbusa.com, test drove one, fell in love with the car, its design, features, and range, so I ordered the 2015 model I got about a month ago. Very happy so far!

Obviously, you'll see more Volt, Tesla, Leaf, a few Chevy Spark, smart, and Fords, many more hybrids, and way too many noisy vehicles. The number of BMW i3 I saw is probably similar to the number of MB BCED.

The only ones I see in NYC are sitting on the dealers showroom floor. 2014 Electric Blue. Surprised not to see more in NYC as urban mobility vehicles. Once in a while, there is an i3 charging in my parking lot.

Yesterday morning in front of my post office... I was driving a red, but saw one white, one blue and another red all at the same parking lot. I should be surprised...

Thanks everyone for sharing your sightings. Sounds like there are more if these in SoCal and in the South Bay. I am going to LA today, will keep my eyes open!

renault19, was that you at the Campbell Farmers Market on Sunday? in any case spotted 5 unique BEVs so far.

Well, today I actually sat in my car's twin, another black 2014. Mine was at dealer for a charge and a wash. I gave them my ticket and my car's twin was rolled up. I did not check the plates and sat in and started to drive out. Then I noticed other keys in the car as well as a dealer invoice copy. I also noted that the registration sticker seemed different (I am good with numbers) as I did not recognize the month and year. Well it was not my car but MW's car. I parked it and walked back to the desk and asked them nicely to get my car please. They hustled and got it with profuse apologies. So not on the road but at the dealer. Does that count?

JeffRay said:
Well, today I actually sat in my car's twin, another black 2014. Mine was at dealer for a charge and a wash. I gave them my ticket and my car's twin was rolled up. I did not check the plates and sat in and started to drive out. Then I noticed other keys in the car as well as a dealer invoice copy. I also noted that the registration sticker seemed different (I am good with numbers) as I did not recognize the month and year. Well it was not my car but MW's car. I parked it and walked back to the desk and asked them nicely to get my car please. They hustled and got it with profuse apologies. So not on the road but at the dealer. Does that count?

Funny story. I would say does not count. This is why we don't see them on the road. They are all at the dealers.

In the east coast I am convinced the dealers have more inventory than they have sold! The dealer I bought from had 8, mine was the second sold. Another dealer had 13, sold 1. 8 were then pulled by MB and moved to California to be sold there...one of them I was about to buy.

I saw a white one a couple of weeks ago in Carroll County, MD. The only one I have seen outside of a dealership since buying mine in February.

stu1021 said:
I saw a white one a couple of weeks ago in Carroll County, MD. The only one I have seen outside of a dealership since buying mine in February.

Saw our twin silver on I-95 south of Baltimore only once a month ago....

Never seen a B-Class ED in the wild other than my own. I know that Jeff in NYC has one a few blocks from where I work, but I haven't seen or met him! This car is RARE... Teslas are like Camrys in the NYC area. Actually I've only seen an i3 about 5 times and and i8 twice. I've never seen a Kia Soul EV or a RAV 4 EV.

Back