Has anyone bought it yet?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stn2001

I am contemplating the buying b-class before end of this year. Of course taking 10K tax benefit is what on my mind and same time
own the Mercedes brand.

How much people have paid so far (not lease)?

Does buying 2014 b-class electric make sense? Mostly I have seen everyone leasing it.

Here is what I am getting via Truecar for closest dealer

TrueCar Estimate : $36,946 + tax/title/etc

Base $35,281
Options $0
Regional Fees $740
Destination Fees $925
Total $36,946 (Basic)

This is basic without any options.

With some few options:

894 Universe Blue Metallic $720
105 Beige MB-Tex
H03 Burl Walnut Wood Trim - Matte Finish $325
001 Becker Map Pilot
218 Rearview Camera $460

Final Total : $38451 + tax/title

How is this deal for buying it (not lease)???

What others have paid?

I ABSOLUTELY guarantee that the best way to buy the car is to lease it and get the benefit of the $7500 federal tax credit immediately (through the lease as a $7500 capitalization reduction), then buy out the lease any time until the last day of the lease.

The money factor (interest rate) on a lease is almost FREE money, so it really doesn't make sense to buy; at least, don't buy until the last day of your lease.

In California, you get the $2500 state rebate whether you buy or lease.

Lease a similar configuration but for rear camera. I got a white one.

Here is a deal I got.
$1300 out of pocket (including first month payment)
$309 (Incl CA tax) per month 36 months
12K miles.
Residual value 20K

$2500 CVRP discount on the way.

rajeevam said:
Lease a similar configuration but for rear camera. I got a white one.

Here is a deal I got.
$1300 out of pocket (including first month payment)
$309 (Incl CA tax) per month 36 months
12K miles.
Residual value 20K

$2500 CVRP discount on the way.

Wow!!! Great deal. Can you post the particulars of the Capitalization cost, lease money factor, and total Captitalization reduction (at least $7500 from Federal tax credit).

Not sure how they pulled it off.

By looking at lease copy,
Gross capitalized cost was $30982
Capitalized cost reduction $642
Residual value $20556 (there is $200 fee to buy)

Turn-in fee $595 (if returning)

rajeevam said:
Not sure how they pulled it off.

By looking at lease copy,
Gross capitalized cost was $30982
Capitalized cost reduction $642
Residual value $20556 (there is $200 fee to buy)

Turn-in fee $595 (if returning)

It sounds like the deals that Toyota did to blow out their compliance cars. I think the last few dozen to be sold (of 2538 total) are over $18,000 in Toyota cap reduction, plus several thousand more from the dealer. All vehicles had the same $51k sticker price.

Residual from $17-20k, but the lower value is the unlimited lease option!

They all offer near "free money" leases.

Here is the deal I just got on a lease this week.

Vehicle List Price $48,950.00 (Night Black, Black MB-Tex, Burl Wood, P1 Package, Multimedia Package, Recuperation Paddles, Blind Spot Assist)
Mercedes Discount $ 8,871.78
Cap Cost Reduction $ 7,550.28 (Paid for by tax incentives, federal and something else)
Net Cost $32,527.94

Residual Value $22,517.00 (46% of List)

36 Months, 10,000 miles per year. $329.97

I did pay some fees so they clawed some back but the deal was still a good one for me.

First Month's Payment $ 329.97
Acquisition Fee $1,095.00
Taxes, Reg, Title $ 799.19

Total Dues at Signing $2224.16

I believe the Acquisition Fee was the way Mercedes paid the dealer or the way the dealer manipulated their computer system so the real net cost of the vehicle was $33,622.94. Basically 31% off the list price. The lease finance rate was extremely low as well. Money Factor of .0003 or 0.725%.

TonyWilliams said:
I ABSOLUTELY guarantee that the best way to buy the car is to lease it and get the benefit of the $7500 federal tax credit immediately (through the lease as a $7500 capitalization reduction), then buy out the lease any time until the last day of the lease.

The money factor (interest rate) on a lease is almost FREE money, so it really doesn't make sense to buy; at least, don't buy until the last day of your lease.

In California, you get the $2500 state rebate whether you buy or lease.

I have to agree with Tony. The best way to purchase this car right now if with the lease. You get the $7500 tax incentive immediately applied to the car (I guess $10000 if you are in Cali). And the lease rate is extremely low (0.725% in my case).

Thanks Tony/Rajeevam/JupiterRed. Appreciate your information.

Now I am backing off from buying it and thinking about leasing it. :)

Rajeevam's deals looks pretty good to me. He say $309 monthly after tax which means $280 per monthly before tax. Total out of pocket is $12115. With CA rebate it will be $9615! Wav... I think even nissan leaf SV/SL will be same or higher than this...

stn2001 said:
Thanks Tony/Rajeevam/JupiterRed. Appreciate your information.

Now I am backing off from buying it and thinking about leasing it. :)

Rajeevam's deals looks pretty good to me. He say $309 monthly after tax which means $280 per monthly before tax. Total out of pocket is $12115. With CA rebate it will be $9615! Wav... I think even nissan leaf SV/SL will be same or higher than this...

I priced the leaf, they wanted more for a lease on it then the Mercedes. It was a no brainer for me.

stn2001,

Don't know where you are but in NYC, the deal was only down to $339 on 36 month lease. Clearly, I did not push enough. I came close as I got the Black Friday extras ($500 Amazon gift card and 2 years service). As an extra I charge there once a week, have coffee and danish while I wait for free ride to work. Good luck.

Black with ash interior and burl walnut dash insert for $36,171 out the door with taxes and registration included.

$7,500 federal tax credit in a few months when I do my taxes (I probably owe another $10k this year so I need the credit to avoid under-withholding penalty.)

$2,500 CARB rebate.

$26,171 net.

I can probably get about $16,000 for my 2005 BMW 6-series with 73,000 miles that I am going to be selling. Brings my net cost to about $10k. Will save about $2k per year in gasoline costs.

Nice job LibertarianBClass!

What was the exact configuration of car? Is it just basic + ash interior and burl walnut dash insert? What is the price before taxes & fees? Do you mind sharing the split up?

LibertarianBClass said:
Black with ash interior and burl walnut dash insert for $36,171 out the door with taxes and registration included.

$7,500 federal tax credit in a few months when I do my taxes (I probably owe another $10k this year so I need the credit to avoid under-withholding penalty.)

$2,500 CARB rebate.

$26,171 net.

I can probably get about $16,000 for my 2005 BMW 6-series with 73,000 miles that I am going to be selling. Brings my net cost to about $10k. Will save about $2k per year in gasoline costs.

LibertarianBClass said:

$2,500 CARB rebate.

$26,171 net.

Holy cow! Where?

Taking away the tax makes that about $33,500. For a $48,000 sticker car. This sounds more like the current give away lease price which already has the $7,500 Federal rebate applied. Or if this really is a purchase and not a lease, the F.I. guy at the dealership made a monumental screw up and will be repaying the dealer out of his own pocket.

Great job. The most I have ever gotten off a current model year Mercedes was 18% back in 2006. When they are taking delivery of the 2015 Bs with range extender button and leather seats as standard if my info is correct and optional sun roof, maybe they wanted to get rid of the last 2014s.

LBC, it is the time for giving so please share details. :D

Configuring online with only option being the wood inserts, the MSRP is $42,700. So assuming this was the car the dealer had, the discount was in the 23% range. More doable at year-end with get them off my lot giveaway. Congrats in any case LBC.

Finally I leased the b-class, my first Mercedes and first full electric!! I got basic + premium package 01.

I was really going back-n-forth on buying vs leasing. I was getting incredible deal on b-class through PenFed (via TrueCar), 8k to 9k below MSRP. I thought this is only for buying the car. So I went to dealer with intent of buying it. But they agreed to take Penfed price as base for leasing. I decided to lease as it was almost same , (lease + buying after 3 yrs) vs (buying now with 5 year loan).

Instead of buying around 36k before tax/title, I leased for 3 yrs. Lease price is $1300 drive off and $299 monthly incl tax for 35 months!! This is for the car with MSRP $45680!!! I am glad that I did not jump on leaf deals few months back. :D

I think this deal is easily possible only if your are Penfed member (1+ year) or employee of some specific big corporations.

Back