Has this happened to you?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

When using a public charging station, have you ever returned to find yours unplugged by someone else? Worse if you were not fully charged. OK if yours was fully charged but how would they know unless the charging station said so. This has never happened to me but certainly I have run into situations where someone beat me to the charging station so I went to the next one down the option list.

It has not happened to me however it is an obvious concern. It's unfortunate that the app with the car does not notify you if your car is unplugged. If you're charging at a ChargePoint charger then charge point will notify you if your car is unplugged but not all charging sites do that.

I have read countless stories on plug share of people being unplugged by some owners who believe that the charging station is their own personal station

RDavis, yes there are those who think of themselves first rather than be inconvenienced to come back or go to the next option. On the MB app, if one periodically check it, you can tell if it is charging on time or has stopped. With ChargePoint, no question, I get texts and email alerts. One option is to put sign up that says Charging until 8 p.m. as you should be able to estimate full charge time using app or ChargePoint or prior experience.

rdavis0521 said:
It's unfortunate that the app with the car does not notify you if your car is unplugged.
This android app will notify you when charging stops: http://www.mybclasselectricdrive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=298

Pavan, thanks but I have never been able to get the Android app to work and gave up. Will try again.

Interesting, that is not the MB sponsored app, but one that appears to be written by a user here. Very cool. I thought I would try to connect with that user and see if he would be willing to give some guidance on this type of app. I would love to write my own iPhone variant. I was just wondering how he figured out how the web app worked?!

Perhaps there is hope that we could actually write a working iPhone app? Worth a try!

rdavis0521 said:
Interesting, that is not the MB sponsored app, but one that appears to be written by a user here. Very cool. I thought I would try to connect with that user and see if he would be willing to give some guidance on this type of app. I would love to write my own iPhone variant. I was just wondering how he figured out how the web app worked?!

Perhaps there is hope that we could actually write a working iPhone app? Worth a try!
Should be possible. He has been very responsive and has done a great job. Send him a pm.

I did, and he was kind enough to respond. At the moment he wants to perhaps do an iPhone version himself.

Back