I love this car, all naysayers be damned.

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrattie

I just drove my 2014 BED 65 miles and arrived at the charger I was aiming for with 40 miles of range remaining. I had another 44 miles left to go, but we decided to eat and charge at this location because it has everything.

Also it was raining and I had to use the AC to clear the windows.

Every thing is relative. I loved my B until I compared it to the IoniQ. Safety nannies in a new car are it for me.

Let's face it the car is a minimum effort CARB car.

GlennD,

You may be right but I still love what I get for the price for my urban getabout. MB finishes, a Tesla battery and motor, and room for 4. That is all I want but would love twice the range for the winter months. Rumor has it my local parking garage where I park my wife's car is getting chargers installed. When they do, I will be able to keep the car both inside and charged up each night. Can't wait. Almost like living in San Diego with a charger in my garage, eh GlennD?

I am really you are happy! The Tesla drive train is defiantly a plus. This is the first Koren car that I have owned. I was in the Mercedes for its EV. The prestige was not a factor. If it was I would not have gone Hyundai!

In my limited use the intelligent cruse control is something I can not do without It is funny that the dumb control is good enough until you try a modern one.

I really miss 40A charging. My IoniQ charges at 28,5A Juse better than the Leaf at 27.5A. At the very minimum they could have at least charged at 30A like my old Golf. The capacity of a 40A circuit is 32A Using the NEC 80% rule.

GlennD,

Always good to hear from you despite your moving on the Ioniq. Keep enjoying the EV life in southern California my friend.

I get the hebegebees when sitting in the death seat with someone else driving. How is it with intelligent cruise control? As I near my social security annuity payment date, maybe I am too set in my driving ways to adapt?

Intelegent's default is too far. Fortunately it is adjustable so you do not cars moving in front of you.

I am the only driver of my car so I have never traveled in the passenger seat.

That charger I was on showed 50 amps on the breaker box and the Clipper Creek was a 40 amp capable EVSE. But I only got 10 mph.. so rolled out with only 60 miles into a night of Tornado producing weather conditions.

On my trip back home I stopped at an EVgo charging station in Queenstown, MD and used that. It added 27 miles in one hour.... never saw that before, but kept checking the App to see when it would be done and it topped off from 60 miles to 97 in an hour. I was very impressed, but then it's not a courtesy charger, it was a dedicated charging station.

All in all it was a great zero emissions, no nasty gas station trip to visit my Dad and do some fishing.

One striped bass that was too small.

Charging on the trickle charger from my Dad's garage.

RR,

Fun trip clearly. Glad you are enjoying the ride. Now that it is spring up in NYC, my little urban getabout is getting its legs back. I even put it in S mode today vs. my usual E+ mode. Even more zippy to get in and out of traffic this morning. 35 mph speed limit in the city so had to watch out for that.

When you put it in S mode, there should be an AMG logo that appears on the back of the car and on the dash.

To all range naysayers I Just used the deep charge feature today and was surprised to see 132 miles on the range indicator at full charge very impressed don't need that much range but great to know it's there if I do

132 miles wow that's great.. wish I had that option on mine. I'd be tempted to squeeze 150 out of it then.

Hey you all, calm down.

The GOM stands for Guess O Meter. No one has achieved this range unless they were going downhill from the mountains to Salt Lake City as one owner had on their daily commute. No chance, no way, no how.

Nevertheless, I believe a new GOM record. Congrats.

Back