I really HATE MBUSA. . .

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comanchepilot

My wife's 2014 vehicle had the 3 electric motor software recalls performed on it.

One of them required that we give them our driver license number and expiration date- I balked at that.

They 'need it to order and affix the VELC Label' affirming completion of the recall.

Bull. There is ZERO requirement that any identifying information be provided in order to complete recall.

OK sir- we misspoke. MBUSA 'policy' requires this info. I absolutely not, unless you return the form.

No can do sir. So I contact MBUSA -= they give me a case number- promise to call in 48 hours - and I never hear from them again.

I call back - try to contact the person who gave me their contact info - called 3x in a week - nothing.

I sent an email to the VP of Customer Service - nope, we need the form. Why? You are affixing a VIN to the vehicle with the same VIN - you don't need personal information.

Then - well - the owner needs to provide this information because its policy. So what? I refuse - we don't own the vehicle anyway - get MB Financial to fill it out.

Well = alls well that ends well since I called NHTSA to complain - and the dealer marked the recall as complete - so MB Financial is in no position to complain - I can go on the NHTSA website and prove the recall is done. They can sue me to their hearts content. The records provide the recall was complete.

Why do they need this information? They don't - they've got the vehicle in their possession . . . .

"We understand your concern for identity theft - but basically F you." OK = fine.

It's harder and harder to stand your ground on personal information.
Especially when they set up the computer program to "require the info" to complete the page.
It's not personal, it's just ignorance. I think all dealership-based experiences are terrible.
I look forward to dealing directly with a manufacturer, like Tesla, in the future.

It's so frustrating when companies want personal info for no good reason. In the past with stubborn companies I have asked them to provide details about how they plan to securely data and ask them to sign an acceptance of liability if my identity is ever stolen... Usually gets the same response as you got from MBUSA.

Why are you bitching on some forum? Contact NHTSA and said Mercedes Benz is refusing to perform a safety recall on their vehicle. That will get their attention fast

"I think all dealership-based experiences are terrible.
I look forward to dealing directly with a manufacturer, like Tesla, in the future."

Well said.

Back