Leased a B-Class today

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cerroo said:
JupiterRed said:
Leased a Night Black B-Class Electric today and received a great deal. Looking forward to exchanging information with other on the forum.
Can you provide the detail of your lease? Monthly payment before tax? Total out the door? Mileage? 36 month? If it's not too much trouble, can you let us know the calculation of the lease? eg. MSRP, Capital Cost, Incentives, Rebates, Fees (Acq, license, reg, etc.). This would help us better understand the deal. Much appreciated in advance.

Here are the details of my deal.

B-Class Electric Drive

Total $48,950.00 (List Price of Car)

Discounts
Mercedes Incentive $8,871.78 (What Mercedes took off the deal)
Cap Cost Reduction #1 $7,500.00 (Federal Tax Incentive)
Cap Cost Reduction #2 $50.28 (Not sure why they did this, but I paid this out of pocket)
Additions
Dealer Doc Fee $499.00

Selling Price (Adjusted Cap Cost) $33,026.94

Residual Value 46% of List $22,517.00
Money Factor / Interest Rate 0.00032996 0.7919%
Lease Term 36 Months
State Sales Tax Rate 6.35%

Lease Calculations
Depreciation (Adj Cap Cost-Residual) / Term $291.94
Finance Charge (Adjusted Cap Cost + Residual) * Money Factor $18.33
Sales Tax (Dep + Finance Charge)* Tax Rate $19.70

Monthly Payment $329.97

As my first payment to the dealer I had to pay 1st month's payment, an acquisition fee, the Cap Cost Reduction #2 amount, sales taxes, and registration fees. This differs from dealer to dealer and from state to state. I paid a hefty acquisition fee but the overall deal was very good in my opinion.

It's interesting how they are able to use the Federal Tax Incentive as a Cap Cost Reduction. No cash came out of my pocket for it, nor will I have to do any paperwork or wait for a refund from Uncle Sam.

YMMV

Would you do this deal?

MSRP-$48,400

36mos/10K annual mileage/
$311 per month/1st month up front
State Taxes and Registration-$976
ALL other fees rolled into the $311

Hopefully the great folks on this forum will give me some insight before I pull the trigger.
Thanks

ABig9Volt said:
Would you do this deal?

MSRP-$48,400

36mos/10K annual mileage/
$311 per month/1st month up front
State Taxes and Registration-$976
ALL other fees rolled into the $311

Hopefully the great folks on this forum will give me some insight before I pull the trigger.
Thanks
Sa WEET! Where u getting THAT deal?

I've been keeping up on the forums and thinking about a B class for about a month now and I think that deal is very good and about what I would target if I pull the trigger on one.

With gas prices where they are about the last thing most people are thinking about is an electric car. Benz built these cars months ago and now they have to move them.

2 of my local dealers here in CT have 10 or more on the lot. Inventory has grown in the month I've monitored it. Each dealer has like 3 more than they did pre holidays.

I'm no leasing expert but the steep discount off sticker, minus the fed tax credit, and a money factory making the effective interest rate under 1% seems about as low as it would go. I not usually a proponent of leasing but with a deal like this and the car being electric it is probably the best plan. If you buy it out at the end of the lease it still was a good deal.

JupiterRed said:
cerroo said:
JupiterRed said:
Leased a Night Black B-Class Electric today and received a great deal. Looking forward to exchanging information with other on the forum.
Can you provide the detail of your lease? Monthly payment before tax? Total out the door? Mileage? 36 month? If it's not too much trouble, can you let us know the calculation of the lease? eg. MSRP, Capital Cost, Incentives, Rebates, Fees (Acq, license, reg, etc.). This would help us better understand the deal. Much appreciated in advance.

Here are the details of my deal.

B-Class Electric Drive

Total $48,950.00 (List Price of Car)

Discounts
Mercedes Incentive $8,871.78 (What Mercedes took off the deal)
Cap Cost Reduction #1 $7,500.00 (Federal Tax Incentive)
Cap Cost Reduction #2 $50.28 (Not sure why they did this, but I paid this out of pocket)
Additions
Dealer Doc Fee $499.00

Selling Price (Adjusted Cap Cost) $33,026.94

Residual Value 46% of List $22,517.00
Money Factor / Interest Rate 0.00032996 0.7919%
Lease Term 36 Months
State Sales Tax Rate 6.35%

Lease Calculations
Depreciation (Adj Cap Cost-Residual) / Term $291.94
Finance Charge (Adjusted Cap Cost + Residual) * Money Factor $18.33
Sales Tax (Dep + Finance Charge)* Tax Rate $19.70

Monthly Payment $329.97

As my first payment to the dealer I had to pay 1st month's payment, an acquisition fee, the Cap Cost Reduction #2 amount, sales taxes, and registration fees. This differs from dealer to dealer and from state to state. I paid a hefty acquisition fee but the overall deal was very good in my opinion.

It's interesting how they are able to use the Federal Tax Incentive as a Cap Cost Reduction. No cash came out of my pocket for it, nor will I have to do any paperwork or wait for a refund from Uncle Sam.

YMMV

I (we) began a lease last week with very similar figures.
Sticker MSRP: $48,950
Acquisition fee (destination charge): $795
36 months, 10,000mi/yr (same as yours, although you didn't state it), $0.25/extra mile
Residual value: $22,517

Our tax rate here is 8% versus your 6.35%, but other than that the financed part of the lease agreement seems identical.
Our documentation fee was $75, I changed our additional capital cost reduction to $0.00, our total due at signing should have been about $1596, yet somehow the representative happily collected a flat $1500 from us, un-negotiated, we were signing at 6pm of the final day of the "program."

I wonder if the "money factor" or interest rate was similar under the program for other MB vehicles, it seems pretty aggressive and favorable for the lessor, but then again I don't know the overall market very well.

All the lease terms are pretty much set by MB finance so main variable is amount off MSRP. The facts are they are taking close to 18% off the top and 2015s are on the lot with gas prices way down. In 30 years of buying MB and BMW, 18% is only seen in so-called "Friends and Family" deals or deep in a recession. There is nothing wrong with these cars and nothing coming up behind them by MB. I suspect that the dealers are not taking all of the hit on their chin and there might be some kind of MB central program beyond the lease to cut the prices. The only way we will know is if one of you asks or others learn of such. Interesting they are propping up the monthly lease rates at the expense of the upfront payment. This also suggests that the dealer profit dollars are used up.

Ex a MB central incentive, this is about as good as it gets from an individual dealer in my opinion.

JeffRay said:
Interesting they are propping up the monthly lease rates at the expense of the upfront payment. This also suggests that the dealer profit dollars are used up.

I'm not sure if they are or aren't, but in my case they seemed open to any combination, and my preference was to capitalize lower amounts.
It seems to me that it would be in the dealer's interest to help you find the combination of upfront payment and monthly that agrees with the buyer/lessor without changing the agreed value, and in the interest of the finance company for the buyer/lessor to capitalize as much as possible. MBUSA can probably lean on the finance companies to move laggards as well as provide manufacturer-dealer incentives.

I'm glad to hear that these offers do sound like it was as favorable as they're likely to get.

Dealers will always make money. I suspect that Mercedes gave the dealers a hefty incentive to move the electric cars. At the price we got them, they are a good deal for consumers. Especially in light of the fact that gas prices are way down. Mercedes needs to sell these cars to meet ZEV states regulations so the only way to do it was for them to drop the price with the incentives.

I'm very happy to have benefited.

Back