MyBClass web app range screen question

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroguy

I recently leased a B-Class electric. It will be here tomorrow. I have been playing around with the Demo of the web app a little bit and mapped a route.

There are three segments of the path for the trip. Solid blue/dashed blue/red. My assumption is that red is "you cannot get here".

The Solid and dashed blue I cannot find any information on. The solid blue could be "you can make it round trip to here" while the dashed blue could be "you can then make it here one way only". Alternatively, solid blue could be "we are pretty sure you can get here no matter what the conditions are" and dashed blue would be "you can probably make it here if you are economical".

Does anyone know which of the two is the intended meaning?
Does anyone know if this is fairly accurate? Like it takes into account temp/altitude changes, etc. I know there is a disclaimer that its a guess...but is it a reasonable guess, or highly optimistic?

Camaroguy,

I used it for awhile and then did not renew the subscription after it lapsed six months in. If I recall, it is like when GoogleMaps tells you when there is a blockage or partial blockage or clear. I could be wrong but that is my fuzzy memory. I don't like subscribing for things that I get for free.

Hmmm, I really don't think this indicates a blockage or even traffic. It is always the second half of the estimated total range.

I am also under the impression that this is free for the first 3 years from everything I can find on the websites. Is that not the case? It would be disappointing to have to pay for the privilege to check state of charge and pre-condition the car after only 6 months.

Oh I would't bother these in-car systems are so outdated compared to cellular based systems. I use Waze on the iPhone and put my phone directly over the Mercedes NAV screen.

This has nothing to do with the onboard navigation in the vehicle. I am talking about the web-app for the smart phone. There is a section where you can map a route and it tells you whether it thinks you can make it or not. I can see this being useful if I were already looking at the app to check the SOC and/or set the pre-conditioning.

Back