Out of warranty experience

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanSF

For those who’ve put enough miles on your B to run out the warranty, what kind of repairs have you had to make? In the last six months, at 20k miles, I’ve had the rain sensor w/ windshield replaced, the starter battery and the drive unit. I’d hate to think what these repairs could have cost me. Yikes!

SeanSF,

Boy, west coast MB dealer is treating you nice to do the bulb for free. Out east, pushing service is the way it is. What is free is the charging and for all customers a car wash.

In any case, I have two older MB cars and take them to an old fashioned mechanic who specializes in German cars. His hourly rate is half that of the dealer, he gets parts from the dealer, and is an authorized MB mechanic. Recommend you find one of those shops for out of warranty work. Based on another post, to protect against a big failure, if I buy the car at the end of lease term, will definitely look into an extended warranty.

Back