Remote Windows

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KazeGo

Hello. Are you able to roll your windows down with your key-fob? I stood close to the driver side, pushed and held the unlock button. The doors unlocked but the windows didn’t go down. I replaced the remotes battery...still nothing. What gives?

I have a 2015 B Class and this feature works on mine. I do know that I have to be standing almost right next to the car for it to activate. It also rolls up all of the windows by pressing and holding down the lock button. Hope you can figure out what the problem is.

Hello all.

Can 2014 owners try the remote windows down function? MB USA customer service says my car has this function. The dealership says “no passive entry, no remote windows.”

There's no reaction when I hold the Unlock button down on my 2014. I wonder if there are "early" 2014's and "late" 2014's. This feature is mentioned in the Owner's Manual I downloaded from M-B, but I don't have the original Owner's Manual which may have been different.

My 2018 Chevy Volt had this feature, but it seemed to run the keyfob batteries down super fast. So maybe not such a useful feature after all.

KazeGo said:
Are you able to roll your windows down with your key-fob? I stood close to the driver side, pushed and held the unlock button. The doors unlocked but the windows didn’t go down. I replaced the remotes battery...still nothing. What gives?
Greetings,

Yes, my 2017 MB B250e side windows open from the remote Key Fob (push and hold unlock button)
Does your vehicle have KEYLESS-GO (push button start-stop)? Or, does your vehicle have the Executive Package?

From the Operator's manual:
Convenience opening
Vehicles with KEYLESS-GO or the Exclusive package: you can ventilate the vehicle before you start driving.
The SmartKey can also be used to carry out the following functions simultaneously:
Runlock the vehicle Ropen the side windows
The convenience opening feature can only be operated using the SmartKey.
The "convenience opening" feature is also available when the vehicle is unlocked.

Vehicles with the Exclusive package but without KEYLESS-GO: for the following operations, point the tip
of the SmartKey at the door handle on the driver's door. The SmartKey must be close to the driver's door
handle.

Vehicles with KEYLESS-GO: the SmartKey must be in close proximity to the vehicle.

Press and hold the button until the side windows reach the desired position.
To interrupt convenience opening: release the button.

Peter,

Back