Temp Hold blowing Cold in 38 degrees F

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowds

Has anyone experienced this: It's cold outside, in the mid 30's F (no comments from you Bostonians suffering another definition of cold). I shut off the car, press the temperature hold button, and the red light illuminates as the heater turns on. I get out of the car, get back in a bit later, the car is blasting cold air, the blue light on the hold button is illuminated, and it's freezing inside. Cycling the hold button twice puts it back into heat mode. Anyone having this happen, or have an explanation for it?

There are many things are the car that are so complicated to do when in the many other vehicles I've had I can just step right in and figure things out. Reading the manual only makes it worse. The heater is a bit like that.

I can tell you when the car is not plugged into a 220 line for preheat, it takes 20 min for the battery by itself to warm up from cold and it only has a minimal effect on the heating elements getting warm when the car's not moving.

A good trick I learned in this forum is the windshield defrost setting which blows up top onto the windshield and gets the interior warmer that other settings and eventually warms the car nicely in conjunction with the heated seats and the car moving if you don't preheat.

Good Luck.

Back