Tesla Model 3

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaferty

How many here are planning to put down a deposit on the Tesla Model 3 on March 31/April 1?
I believe it is $1,000 & refundable.
Delivery not expected until late 2017/early 2018?

I will certainly put down one deposit, maybe two. This will be just in time to replace the MB coming out of lease. If push comes to shove, I am sure MBFS will be all too happy to extend my lease by a few more months.

I'm not planning on it but I can't say I'm not tempted. Most likely will look to get a Model S or X in a year and a half. I want more than five person seating since I have kids.

I will put a refundable deposit down. 200 mile range trumps brand loyalty. Oops, used the t word.

very pleased with the B Class. lease runs out end of '16.
would not consider buying due to old tech.

Are any significant changes planned for '17 models?

The Bolt has good specs, but I am not keen on a GM product.

My lease runs out on October 2017. I'll need to extend it a few months if I'm going to try for the Model 3. Does anyone know how easy or expensive it would be to get MB to extend?

I might try to go early like 6am to stand in line at the store. Early deliveries will most likely be high optioned units. I don't know how much more than bone stock I can afford.

The B class was always my bridge to the Model 3. Current lease is up April 2018, I can even wait more time as I have an older ICE car I can use if the model 3 is not delivered by then.

I will reserve on March 31, still not sure if I will take the day off and go to the store or if I will wait until 11:30PM eastern and reserve online.

I'm putting down a deposit in person at the Tesla store in White Plains, NY March 31st. I've always wanted an actual Tesla, I could never get the price low enough on the Model S. (Financing, leasing -- I looked at it long and hard and couldn't justify the price.) The Mercedes B-Class ED has been great, I have it until January 2018 -- maybe I can extend the lease up to 6 months. By then my wife might be driving a 2017 BMW i3 REx... so that is cool. I was hopeful that the Model X was going to be something I'd want, but it turned out to be like a Porsche Cayenne - not very practical. I wanted a Toyota Highlander style car with conventional doors and lots of fold down seats/cargo room.

Well the Model 3 was unveiled today. I think the Tesla forums have in one day had more posts just about this one car than this entire forum has ever seen. Makes me both happy and sad.

I reserved two the evening of the announcement. Our two MB EV leases end July 2018, so perfect timing to lease the Model 3. The Model 3 at $35,000 is an incredible value offering 215 miles range. After government incentives it is $25,000 in California. At that price point the lease should be as affordable as this year's MB B EVs.

Tesla is doing everything possible to pressure other auto makers to compete.

Remember never buy an electric car, always lease. New electric cars depreciate super fast because everyone is afraid of the battery.

Back