The App is a POS, and so is the Customer Service

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comanchepilot

MBUSA sure has spent no effort on ensuring the B-Class app is total POS.

I get an email from back when it worked every day when the car gets charged to 90%.

But it does not work anymore. I've tried logging in and logging out- and did nothing. When I called the M-Brace line - they had no real idea how to get to it work.

They told me that we needed to press the 'M-Brace Info button every 120 days - I said ok - where is that button. Uhhhh - crickets.

Then they tell me that it needs to be reset at the dealer. Why?

MBUSA and MB in general have totally screwed up systems to maintain and review this car. Chevy does a 1000x better job with the Volt for gosh sakes.

The app is still not working - the dealer has no clue as to what they are talking about - and is making no effort to find out for us. I've discovered that MB-USA never follows up on anything, despite being told they'll call you back, and the dealerships are full of people, who have lots of 'concern' but pretty much are totally ignorant about the cars they sell and the features they have.

Just use the new EV Access app for iOS and Apple Watch. It's fantastic. Works so much better than the Mercedes app I haven't used their app in months. The latest version of EV Access had climate control (pre-conditioning) too! I THINK you NEED TO get your car established with the VVC code, however. As long as you have a user name and password you just put that in the EV Access app ONCE. That's it. You never have to Log in again.

wtzouris said:
Just use the new EV Access app for iOS and Apple Watch. It's fantastic. Works so much better than the Mercedes app I haven't used their app in months. The latest version of EV Access had climate control (pre-conditioning) too! I THINK you NEED TO get your car established with the VVC code, however. As long as you have a user name and password you just put that in the EV Access app ONCE. That's it. You never have to Log in again.

and what app would that be? searched iPhone and no such app with the name EV Access shows up on a search

Let me find out if it is public yet, otherwise you can jump on the beta testing -- the creator is Ray Davis. rdavis0521 (AT) me.com

He writes:

I have put build 24 through the Apple beta approval process, and now can make it available for up to 2000 people.

I am going to announce this on the Facebook group page. I would appreciate if you guys might jump on the thread and mention your experience with the app.

Also, if you have other places to post this info which has legitimate B-Class customers, please feel free. Only requirements is that they have existing B-Class account, and that they be US based.

I am the developer of the Android version of the EvAccess app. If you are on Android you can download the EvAccess app now from the Google Play store. Ray Davis is working on an iOS version which is very close to being released by him

I emailed Ray and got setup for the beta of EVacess. Totally loving it. For the watch app to work the app needs to be open on your iPhone. This app is everything the B class app isn't. So happy and can't wait until it's out of beta.

For the past 13 months my wife and I have driven our b-class without the benefit of an app. I could never reliably log in with the mercedes benz app so I gave it up. I just downloaded the beta evaccess app to my iphone and it works flawlessly! What a step forward for us!

So, just got our B-class today, to use this EvAccess app do you need an active "mbrace" subscription to have this app work or just an active MB account? (I ask because even though we just leased the vehicle it's a 2015 and not yet sure if we only get the 2015's 6 months subscription or the 2016 5yr subs. included). Also, MB site isn't letting us register yet, my guess is they haven't entered our VIN/name into the system yet.

I emailed Ray since I couldn't find him or "EvAccess" app on FB. If anyone has a direct link, please add it here.

there is no released iOS app . . .

The simply amazing thing is that we still get the Vehicle charged to 90% email - which means its sending data someplace - but neither our dealer nor the phone folks can tell us why - or why the system is not sending data to the app or the MBUSA folks. They are clueless about the car -

MB makes a really big deal out of their service - but if you need something other than a bottle of water, a free cup of coffee or a car wash - they have truly miserable customer service. . . .

I called Porsche to get my service records for a 2006 911 I bought in 2014, and they were like Yes Sir, we see you are the registered owner, we are happy to send you info via email, in 10 min I had. Would you like the vehicle's code number so your mechanic can change things if he has a computer . . . .they made an effort. It was night and day compared to MBUSA.

Hi, I'm Ray Davis, and I'm the author of the IOS version of EVAccess.

There were a couple of questions, above that I thought I might answer.

1. There was a comment that for the watch to work, the app must be open on the iPhone. That's not exactly true. The heavy lifting is indeed done by the phone, however once the app has been started on the phone, every attempt is made to update the watch every time data does change on the phone. The interactive page of the app allows you to request an update be made by the phone. The app doesn't need to be "running" at that point, but can be backgrounded. Occasionally there is trouble connecting up to the Mercedes servers. They are a bit finicky at times. If the watch can't get the phone to update, then running the app on the phone one time usually clears things.

2. You MUST have a valid account with your vehicle on mybclass.mbusa.com. My app has no ability to create the account. That must be first done with the web app. The app will use the credentials created on the web to login.

I'm very close to submitting for release, however that process could take a couple of weeks, depending upon how fast Apple reviews the app, and whether or not I have to make any changes. If you would like to beta test, I can take a few more testers. You need to:

1. Have a valid mybclass.mbusa.com account for you and your vehicle.
2. Download and install the TestFlight app from Apple (in the App Store). This app is used to install non-released (beta) software.

Thanks,
Ray

Stig,

If you're reading here, I've tried to respond to your private message, but it is stuck (actually two now) in the outbox. Contact me directly at the email listed on the first page of this thread, please..

Ray

rdavis0521 said:
Stig,

If you're reading here, I've tried to respond to your private message, but it is stuck (actually two now) in the outbox. Contact me directly at the email listed on the first page of this thread, please..

Ray

The PM system does not work like Email. When you send a message it will stay in your outbox until the person reads it. That makes it easy to see the progress.

Sir Ray, I used the app for Android. It is a very useful app, thanks again. Recently, it would come up and show the charge an the efficiency screen but as soon as I try to turn on the climate control, the app terminates and says, "Unfortunately, EvAccess has stopped." I tried restarting my S6Active but to no effect. Should I reload the app?

Please advise, thanks.

Just to close this out, EVAccess has been released in the Apple Store for US and Canada. I'm beta testing some European Smart car customers at the moment, however B-Class in Europe is a totally different issue. It will come later.

Ray

rdavis0521 said:
Just to close this out, EVAccess has been released in the Apple Store for US and Canada. I'm beta testing some European Smart car customers at the moment, however B-Class in Europe is a totally different issue. It will come later.

Ray
Thank you so much Ray!!! My B is due to arrive any day now so timing is perfect.

Make sure you get setup with the Mercedes site first. You must have a working account with the mybclass.mbusa.com site. The app does not have the ability to create or edit the account info.

Once you can successfully get data from the Mercedes site for your car, the app should work fine.

Just downloaded the iPhone app. Works and looks great. Many settings for notifications on charge levels etc.

I had been using the EV access on an old android just using wifi. Very happy to have on my iPhone which is my "everyday" phone.

Unbelievable the junk the MB puts out there. How will they be successful if they do not put more effort in this area. I deleted their stupid app immediately.

Thanks again Ray!

Back