MB electric website

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassESage

We purchased the B-class electric at the end of 2014 but we have not been able to use the MB electric website to access the car. The error message is "no vehicle assigned". Our dealer has not been able to help and MB customer service said the website is "not working". Anyone else experiencing this problem?

The website you speak of -- is the iPhone App as well. It works just fine, but you have to register and get a special code form the dealer to get your car assigned. It's called a VVC code/.

The MyMercedes Electric vehicle homepage is a web app, which means you can use it on nearly any smartphone, tablet or computer with a Web browser installed and an Internet connection. For best performance, please use Google’s Chrome browser. No additional special software needs to be downloaded to your mobile device or computer.

Visit http://mybclass.mbusa.com. Bookmark or Add to Home Screen for quicker access in the future.
Click on the “Account” button in the lower right tab, then “Register” to set up a user account and password by entering your name and email address. A valid email address is required, as a confirmation email will be sent to you. This confirmation email will include a link to complete your registration.
Return to the MyMercedes Electric Vehicle Homepage via the link in the confirmation email and set your password. Your email address and password will work as login credentials. Record and protect them in case you forget later.
After your initial login please add your vehicle to your account by entering the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)1 and the Vehicle Verification Code (VVC)2
VVC: <GeneratedVvcCode>
Begin using your MyMercedes Electric vehicle homepage and enjoy!
Review the notes below and MyMercedes Electric vehicle homepage Terms of Use.
1 Your vehicle’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) can be found in your vehicle documents and/or on the actual vehicle on the right bottom side of the windshield.
2 After receiving your Vehicle Verification Code (VVC) from an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer it could in unusual instances take up to twenty-four hours before it will be recognized by the MyMercedes Electric vehicle homepage. The VVC becomes invalid after the first successful completion of the vehicle registration process. Authorized dealers can issue a replacement VVC if necessary.
3 Use of the MyMercedes Electric vehicle homepage is free of charge for a period of three years beginning the date of submission of the mbrace® Electronic Subscriber Agreement (ESA) at your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer. Charges may apply to extend use beyond the expiration of the free period.
Disclosure:
As part of the service, data about battery status and performance is stored in the vehicle and transferred to the manufacturer for the purposes of safeguarding quality and further developing the vehicle and its components. Part of this data is made available to customers via the MyMercedes Electric vehicle homepage. This data is transmitted via a mobile communication module fitted in the vehicle. For further information, please see the vehicle operator’s manual.
Sale of Vehicle or End of Lease Instructions:
You are obliged to delete all assignments of your vehicle to your personal MyMercedes Electric account when you sell your vehicle or return it to a dealer at the end of your lease term. Deleting the vehicle assignment to your account will allow a new Vehicle Verification Code (VVC) to be generated by an authorized dealer and provided to the next vehicle owner.
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
One Mercedes Drive
Montvale, NJ 07645
mbusa.com
1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372)

We have tried to register many times with dealer assigned VVC and VIN using chrome, but to no avail. The same errors "no vehicle assigned" and "error title - error occurred on VCC processing".

Weird. It can be done. Ask for another VVC code. I dealt with Mercedes dealership in Nanuet, NY and they knew what to do. Once you get set up it works, pretty well, with some tricks.

ClassESage said:
We have tried to register many times with dealer assigned VVC and VIN using chrome, but to no avail. The same errors "no vehicle assigned" and "error title - error occurred on VCC processing".

I don't know why it was like this, but in my case, I was able to register for the first successful access via my iPhone (with the default Safari) before I was able to do so from a desktop computer with Chrome. The best explanation that I've imagined so far is that a desktop browser is so much more configurable and powerfully controlled than that of a smartphone, so it's more likely that the app-maker's intended, required, and as tested options are selected when attempting via a phone. Perhaps if you've got one available for use, you could try accessing it via a phone first.

The VVC took our dealership a few days (!?!) to retrieve for us, over a week after taking delivery.
It required me to create a registration profile using my wife's surname, which is not my own, but in whose name the vehicle was purchased, and also not in whose name our MBUSA account was registered, after a number of encountered errors, including the "error occurred on VVC processing." We are not able to create a second account with the same VVC in order to access the car's information from a second device, although we are able to sign in concurrently to the same account on multiple phones and desktop browsers. It's a kludge, and although I hope that the trouble actually does contribute somehow to our digital security, it certainly has reduced our own access to the information under privacy.

The benefits of the site, as I see it, are in knowing your state of charge remotely when connected to a non-networked charging station, and in setting a pre-conditioning time remotely to accommodate a fluctuating daily schedule. I would rather pay Mercedes-Benz for this information and technology than receiving it through the proprietary charging networks, but the site is so slow to use that if I'm charging at a ChargePoint or networked WattStation location, the MB site is my last, not first, stop. It's better than nothing, but not totally satisfactory.

Thanks BC. I use Chargepoint near my home and it reads out like a charm. When I go to the dealer, I leave it there for 6+ hours. So far, fully charged when I go to retrieve it. Preconditioning the car, I have to think about. You are talking about warming the main battery as opposed to just warming the interior I assume.

Thanks to wtzouris for the help! I was able to get a new VVC from the dealer and got the website working, after weeks of frustration with MBUSA_CAC! Looking forward to turning on climate control tomorrow morning from the comfort of home---the weather predictions say it will be in single digits in Maryland.

We shall see how the car performs in single digit territory tomorrow. It was fully charged Friday at noon, drove it home, parked on street. Been sitting there since then.

The MB electric web tool did not show that the car was charging, although it worked for climate control. The car was warm and ready in the garage at departure time while the outside temperature was in single digit territory (8 F). The predicted range was around 65 miles on the GOM (@~2.2 mpkWh), which is similar to the performance over the past few weeks in Maryland.

Uh. I can't get to the website via either Firefox or Internet Explorer. Any suggestions or do I have to install Chrome?

JeffRay said:
Uh. I can't get to the website via either Firefox or Internet Explorer. Any suggestions or do I have to install Chrome?
That's normal. My suggestion would be to try it either on a phone (normally my device of last resort, but not in this case) or yes, to install Chrome.
Note that on an iPhone, the standard Safari browser works fine for the site and Chrome is not necessary.

I'd love to hear what beneficial characteristics of Chrome were desired by the developers to the extent that other browsers were excluded in order to gain whatever it was they gained...

Chrome works well. However, the tool does not indicate charging, even though charge level displayed is correct.

Picked up our B Class today, got the VVC and VIN, Mbrace is activated and that app works. But the My B Class site / app has yet to sync up, I'll give it a day before requesting a new VVC Code.

Welcome Stig. I was able to get into website too by doing it on my smartphone. Thanks all.

No luck on the app yet, I'm on my second VVC code. No change, the app has no data from the car, the status says "last sync has not yet occurred".

Tried multiple phones and an iPad, deleting the app, starting over. Then deleting the car from the app and adding it again with a new VVC.

Going out of town for a few, good thing as the car was down to 25% charge and all we have is the included emergency charger until the JESLA is delivered.

Any insight on how to get this app working would be great, otherwise I'll stay on the sales rep and delivery manager until it is resolved.

TheStig said:
No luck on the app yet, I'm on my second VVC code. No change, the app has no data from the car, the status says "last sync has not yet occurred".

Tried multiple phones and an iPad, deleting the app, starting over. Then deleting the car from the app and adding it again with a new VVC.

Going out of town for a few, good thing as the car was down to 25% charge and all we have is the included emergency charger until the JESLA is delivered.

Any insight on how to get this app working would be great, otherwise I'll stay on the sales rep and delivery manager until it is resolved.

Most people who have written in here with problems with the site were prevented from registering and signing in, not the car syncing. Perhaps your car isn't making the 3G connection. I'm not sure if it's a necessary condition in order for the site to work for a particular car, but have you activated your in-car data apps yet?

I had both problems, first not being able to log in and then not being able to sync to the car. My dealer in Hagerstown, MD was able to solve the problems, after several months. It involved getting a new VVC and changing one of the account settings. I would recommend that you ask your dealer to talk to another knowledgeable dealer. MB_USA_CAC was not able to help.

It's great have access as the website can show charge status (now working) and level, and projected time of completion. Also, I can turn on the heat minutes before departure from the comfort of home or work, which is a great convenience, given the miserable winter we are having. Being able to warm the car in the garage without losing range is one of the great benefits of owning the MB EV.

Back