MB electric website

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was an interruption in the website this afternoon during which time I could not sync to car. Now that it's back, my saved data was lost and the settings went back to default (e.g. miles to km)!

I've had my B for one month now and have had no luck getting the app to work. I contacted MBUSA technical support and their suggestion was to activate Mbrace as this would enable "telematics transmissions" to and from the car. I've had Mbrace active for a couple of weeks with no improvement in the performance of the WebApp. I am able to log in just fine, it's just that my car and the back-end server app don't seem to be communicating... I'm getting the "Last sync has not yet occurred" message in the upper right corner with an exclamation point.

Someone mentioned having to enable in-car apps (assuming in the car itself)... I've not run across this option setting but will take another look.

BTW... only Safari and Chrome are officially supported. Here is a MB Youtube video that has some basic howto info on the app; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ig3SKhGqZ8

I am also having problems with the initial sync. I'm hoping that with the support I get here, I'll be able to fix the problem. The dealer/service dept. is very willing to help, but not very knowledgable with the ins and outs of the "B".

Thanks for the help I've gotten to this point. I just got the car last week and look forward to many years of enjoying this great car.

No progress on this for me. The infotainment apps and www in the car work, so I know there is a data connection, and the still the MBrace app from my phone works normally too.

I'll be back in touch with the dealer tomorrow to work on it.

Shouldn't be this hard.....

The site continues to work for me, although I do have to re-login somewhat frequently and experience sync delays often.
I mention it just to indicate that it's just broken in practical terms, not absolute terms. :)
I agree wholeheartedly that getting this to work for owners shouldn't be so difficult, and shouldn't, in my opinion, require any delay beyond the customer delivery prep period. Do the purchase of all the models from MB using this technology involve such hassle?

Still working on this, my delivery manager at the dealer is working with support and they asked for the following info to dive into it. To be continued.....

MBUSA is requesting the following in order to proceed:
1. Brand and model of the mobile phone/device
2. Version of the operating system on the mobile phone/device
3. Name and version of mobile phone/device browser
4. provide photo/screenshot of error messages

FIXED!

The support folks in Germany sent the "try it again" message this morning, and after a log out and back into the app it worked.

I see it sometimes doesn't refresh and have the latest data, is it normal to have to log out and in regularly?

TheStig said:
FIXED!

The support folks in Germany sent the "try it again" message this morning, and after a log out and back into the app it worked.

I see it sometimes doesn't refresh and have the latest data, is it normal to have to log out and in regularly?

Good to hear that you have had help from Germany. The tool does require frequent resets with user settings being frequently lost. The ability to have remote climate control and charge status is worth the aggravation.

TheStig said:
FIXED!

Hi Stig

I am having same issue. Able to login but no update of charge or anything. What dealer helped you? Might be easier than trying to get House of Imports to become experts. Thanks in advance.

Matt

As reported earlier in this thread, I among many were able to get it running using Safari browser in an Android device. Was never able to get it to work on other browsers and stopped trying. Clearly, MB still needs to invest in making its software work across platforms. It of course will NOT work if you have not yet enabled MBrace.

My dealer was Benzel Bush in NJ, the delivery manager (not sales guy) kept on MBUSA who escalated to Gemany to get it working.

You still have to log out and back in frequently to get it to update the latest data from the car.

TheStig said:
My dealer was Benzel Bush in NJ, the delivery manager (not sales guy) kept on MBUSA who escalated to Gemany to get it working.

You still have to log out and back in frequently to get it to update the latest data from the car.

Thank you. Will give it a try.

I picked up my 2015 B class last week. I can login to the website fine from my phone and tablet, but it won't sync with the car. It shows "last sync has not yet occurred." I called CAC and they asked for a bunch of information, which I sent them yesterday. It looks like many others had this problem. Does it take a long time to fix it? And is it a fix in the vehicle, or something MB needs to on their servers for it to start working for me?

Thanks.

Call 800 FOR MERC
Tell them the problem, they should send you an email straight away requesting your VVC and VIN. Then they'll do a reset on your account from Germany where the site is hosted. Should take 1 day. I had the same issue. Now works fine. And yes we need a native iOS app ( for Apple watch?)

Johnsie said:
Call 800 FOR MERC
Tell them the problem, they should send you an email straight away requesting your VVC and VIN. Then they'll do a reset on your account from Germany where the site is hosted. Should take 1 day. I had the same issue. Now works fine. And yes we need a native iOS app ( for Apple watch?)
Thank you. I sent them the details in an email last night (including Android and Chrome version numbers, etc.) Hope they fix it soon.

Thanks Stig, thanks Johnsie!

Robert from MBUSA called and said MB Germany reset my account and to log out and in again. After a few hours, all is working!

Appreciate this forum and its members for helping others out using their experience.

pavan said:
Johnsie said:
Call 800 FOR MERC
Thank you. I sent them the details in an email last night (including Android and Chrome version numbers, etc.) Hope they fix it soon.
It has been four days since I sent them the email with the requested details, and there has been no acknowledgement at all. Looks like I will have to call them a third time about the same problem. Disappointing service from MB.

pavan said:
It has been four days since I sent them the email with the requested details, and there has been no acknowledgement at all. Looks like I will have to call them a third time about the same problem. Disappointing service from MB.

Persistence is the only option with MB. I tried for a month with MB CAC, but they never fixed the problem. It took repeated calls to my dealer to finally get the car synched. Remote control and monitoring are really convenient and they usually works once the initial connection problems are resolved. Good luck!

ClassESage said:
pavan said:

Persistence is the only option with MB. I tried for a month with MB CAC, but they never fixed the problem. It took repeated calls to my dealer to finally get the car synched. Remote control and monitoring are really convenient and they usually works once the initial connection problems are resolved. Good luck!
Thank you. The sync started working today, after one more call to CAC. This is an excellent feature of the car. Now I just need to wait patiently for the DMV to send me the carpool lane stickers, and I am all set with my new car.

Back