Leasing

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big deal breaker for me would be the "$0.25/mile over 30,000 miles..." There is no way that I could live with such a low mileage allowance of 10,000 miles a year...

tmac said:
Sounds great , I imagine devil is in the details as to how much does all that is excluded add up to? Title taxes registration, lisence fee dealer prep, etc. if that is under $50 a month that is a sweet deal .

I believe that Mercedes-Benz has fantastic offers on this car right now.

I just leased a B-Class Electric Drive, Night Black, Black MB-Tex, Premium Package, Multimedia Package, Blind Spot Assist, Burl Walnut Trim, and Radar Based Recuperation. List 48,950.

Selling Price was $31,300. This included an incentive from MB of $10,150 and the Federal Tax Incentive of $7500.

Residual was 46% or 22517. Money Factor was 0.0003 or 0.725%.

36 Months. 10000 miles. $0.25 cents per mile over. Payments are $329.84 per month. Fees due at signing are $1782 including Title, Registration, Dealer Doc Fee and a Financing Fee. Yes the fees were higher than normal but I wasn't going to argue how they wrote up the deal to work in their accounting system. As I think this deal is very good. They could have just discounted the car for $9000 and had lower fees and it would be the same. $10,500 or $9000 off the price of a Mercedes is good in my book.

My guess is they need to move the 2014's since 2015's will arrive soon and they need to sell enough of these to meet various state requirements. My dealer had 7 vehicles in stock and two on the way. I am the first to make a transaction at this dealership.

JupiterRed said:

I just leased a B-Class Electric Drive, Night Black, Black MB-Tex, Premium Package, Multimedia Package, Blind Spot Assist, Burl Walnut Trim, and Radar Based Recuperation. List 48,950.

Selling Price was $31,300. This included an incentive from MB of $10,500 and the Federal Tax Incentive of $7500.

I thought the $10,500 incentive from MB included the $7,500 Federal tax incentive and a $3,000 Fleet incentive ( available to various associations like Doctors and Lawyers) already.

sendler2112 said:
JupiterRed said:

Selling Price was $31,300. This included an incentive from MB of $10,150 and the Federal Tax Incentive of $7500.

I thought the $10,500 incentive from MB included the $7,500 Federal tax incentive and a $3,000 Fleet incentive ( available to various associations like Doctors and Lawyers) already.

In my case, Mercedes/Dealer made huge concessions to move the vehicle. It's both the $10,150 plus the $7,500 for a total of $17,650 off the list price.

For me, I needed $299 a month with nothing down but some fees for this deal to make sense for me. Basically taking the money my wife spent on gas in the mini van and using it to fund the vehicle. It will cost me about $1000 for the level two charger and $1000 more to insure this vehicle plus what I spend on electricity. For that, I have continued use of the Mini Van as a spare car/truck with reduced maintenance costs on it, plus my wife gets into a safer, cleaner luxury car. I came so close to getting what I wanted, I pulled the trigger. There is some emotion to the deal as well. This is an exciting new toy to play with as well.

Year end special. Received it today.

Available only to qualified customers through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services at participating dealers through December 31, 2014. Not everyone will qualify. Advertised 36 months lease payment based on MSRP of $45,355 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $41,510. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect your actual lease payment. Includes Destination Charge and Premium 1 Package. Excludes title, taxes, registration, license fees, insurance, dealer prep and additional options. Total monthly payments equal $10,764. Cash due at signing includes $2,999 capitalized cost reduction, $795 acquisition fee and first month's lease payment of $299. No security deposit required. Total payments equal $14,558. At lease end, lessee pays for any amounts due under the lease, any official fees and taxes related to the scheduled termination, excess wear and use plus $0.25/mile over 30,000 miles, and $595 vehicle turn-in fee. Purchase option at lease end for $20,863 plus taxes (and any other fees and charges due under the applicable lease agreement) in example shown. Subject to credit approval. Specific vehicles are subject to availability and may have to be ordered. See participating dealer for details. Please always wear your seat belt, drive safely and obey speed limits.

Special lease rates may not be reflected in lease calculator prices shown on MBUSA.com. Please see your dealer for final pricing.

Special lease rates may not be reflected in prices shown on MBUSA.com. Please see your dealer for final pricing.

FINANCE DETAILS

Qualified customers only. 2.99% APR financing for 24 months at $42.98 per month, per $1,000 financed. 2.99% financing for 36 months at $29.08 per month, per $1,000 financed. 2.99% APR financing for 48 months at $22.13 per month, per $1,000 financed, 2.99% financing for 60 months at $17.96 per month, per $1,000 financed or 2.99% financing for 72 months at $15.19 per month, per $1,000 financed. Excludes leases and balloon contracts. Available only at participating authorized Mercedes-Benz dealers through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services. Must take delivery of vehicle by December 31, 2014. Specific vehicles are subject to availability and may have to be ordered. Subject to credit approval by lender. Rate applies only to Mercedes-Benz 2014 and 2015 model vehicles listed. Not everyone will qualify. See your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer for complete details on this and other finance offers.

2.99% may be a pretty crappy rate. Guys on the Tesla forums are reporting as low as 1.3% through some credit unions.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/subscription.php
(Posted from tablet - search for financing posts)

Leased a B class

Electric Blue ($720 extra), Biege MB-Tex, Premium Package, Multimedia Package, Range Package, Blind Spot Assist, Burl Walnut Trim, and Radar Based Recuperation. List 49,200.

Selling price $41500 plus $7500 federal tax incentive. Lease was $376, incl tax. Residual $22500. Interest rate - 5.2%

I could have negotiated a better deal by shopping around more but ran out of time.

Went to the NYC dealer today to charge my car and get a ride to work. While waiting for the ride to work, I went to the showroom and saw the electric blue car on the floor. I walked up and saw it was a 2014. Geez, there should be giving these away soon, i.e. even better deals to be had. Good luck to those who are interested. Go for it.

Also heard a radio ad on a sportstalk channel from a local dealer offering $299 per month with (negotiable) $4K upfront. Did not say whether for 2014 or 2015.

Leased a new 2014 B-Class ED. South seas blue, black MB-tex, burl walnut trim. Options included premium package, radar-based recuperation paddles, blind spot monitor, backup camera. MSRP 47,760.

Lease details:
36 months, 30k miles
0.25/mile overage fee
Gross cap cost: 35700
Cap cost reduction (down payment): 2999
Other fees (tax, tags, title, acquisition, sales tax): 2623
Total due at signing: 5622
Net cap cost: 32701
Residual: 21969
Monthly payment: 316

I live in a non-CARB emissions state and couldn't wait another couple months for the 2015s (was told the end of March), so I bought from a dealership a few states away. They shipped the car to me for free, and someone from the dealership personally drove several hours to my house in the South to sign the papers. Very happy with the car so far, although it was shipped to me without the navigation installed so they're overnighting me the nav installation disc. I'm used to driving my Lexus RX hybrid and keep waiting for the rumble of the gas engine to come on after pulling away silently from a light, but it just stays silent! Love it!

Bought a Siemens Versicharge 30A charger which has worked great in the two days I've used it so far.

These cars are piling up at the dealers. I would hold out for Tax, Tags, first month down and $299/ month.

They were willing to give me 299/mo for a car with premium package, but I really wanted the backup camera too. 12,000 off MSRP isn't too shabby though, I thought.

Welcome Electrons. Peruse the other posts to get a jump start on some of the nuances of owning one. You got a great deal. Please post your early impressions when you get a chance.

I want one!

I live in WA and would like to buy a b class from out of state since Mercedes is about to release 2015 to WA.

The current lease deal is $269/mo + 4K drive off on mbusa site. Since no dealers in WA have them in stock yet I'm looking out of state dealers. Anyone have recommendations?

Appreciate any assistance!

My dealer in Syracuse, NY 13066 has 3 on the lot that they would do anything to get rid of if anyone in the East is looking. There has been no curiosity for this car whatsoever here. 315-637-4500

I live in Hawaii and I want one. I contacted a dealer in CA and they let me customize a car that they had on order. I wanted only 2 options, ParkTronic and the backup camera. This car will be for my wife and she has both on her current car. Without those options, I think the 4 corners of the car may get smashed in.

As it turns out, the car that was ordered is a 2015 model. It was supposed to arrive in late December. I was anxious to get the deal done in 2014 (for tax purposes), but it didn't happen. They offered me a great deal on a 2014, but it didn't have those 2 options. It had all kinds of other fancy stuff, but not the stuff we needed. I contact the dealer every few weeks because I was told that the car is being held at the docks. With the ongoing labor situation at the docks, I'm not sure if the labor dispute is holding it up or if Mercedes has decided to hold off on releasing the car. I've seen the order sheet so I do know that the car now comes with the range extender (which is not a gas engine) and pushbutton start. I really like the pushbutton start since I have that on my Rav4EV.

If there are any dealers out there that have 2015's with ParkTronic and the backup camera, I'd be interested to know.

From what Ive learned so far 2015 isnt available until summer.

I am still working off my lease deal.

I'm likewise close to a lease deal. We are about $50mo apart on the lease price. I'm holding out for 299 they are at about 350 both prices plus tax. The money factor is 0.5% so no funny Buisness there, residual of 46% isn't great but given the one time tax incentive makes sense. I think they have more discount on the car available and I'm in no hurry. Under $2000 initial payment on the above deal.

But I have a tougher charger circuit install ahead of me than I thought. My subpanel is full so this might be a bigger electrical job than I anticipated at an unknown cost. At a certain point between the cost of a charger and this electrical work there will be no payback over the term of the lease for driving EV.

To be continued.

Stig, is that a 2014 or 2015 you are negotiating to lease? If a 2014, I'd think the price will drop even more when the 2015 is released. Many of the 2014 inventory is missing the range package.

Want One, there are over 100 2015 B Class cars at the MB prep center in California just waiting for the release. Mine is one of them, and I've been told the release will be within the next week.

I'm negotiating a 2014 with range package. Rare find, and in a color my wife likes. The sticker is $50k which is making the $299 lease harder. They can do it on slightly lesser equipped ones no problem.

We'll see, I've had plenty of phone and email chats with the sales rep so if the incentive changes I'm sure I'll hear from them.

Wow on the 2015s are ready.

I'm still in neg with any dealers nationwide. Haven't heard anything below 2k first payment yet but yeah dealers are out there so i'm not too worried yet just waiting for month to close.

Stay tuned!

Back