Leasing

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JupiterRed said:
I believe that Mercedes-Benz has fantastic offers on this car right now.

I just leased a B-Class Electric Drive, Night Black, Black MB-Tex, Premium Package, Multimedia Package, Blind Spot Assist, Burl Walnut Trim, and Radar Based Recuperation. List 48,950.

Selling Price was $31,300. This included an incentive from MB of $10,150 and the Federal Tax Incentive of $7500.

Residual was 46% or 22517. Money Factor was 0.0003 or 0.725%.

36 Months. 10000 miles. $0.25 cents per mile over. Payments are $329.84 per month. Fees due at signing are $1782 including Title, Registration, Dealer Doc Fee and a Financing Fee. Yes the fees were higher than normal but I wasn't going to argue how they wrote up the deal to work in their accounting system. As I think this deal is very good. They could have just discounted the car for $9000 and had lower fees and it would be the same. $10,500 or $9000 off the price of a Mercedes is good in my book.

My guess is they need to move the 2014's since 2015's will arrive soon and they need to sell enough of these to meet various state requirements. My dealer had 7 vehicles in stock and two on the way. I am the first to make a transaction at this dealership.

This is great deal. Can you share with us where you are located, which dealer and if possible a contact for this deal?

TheStig said:
I'm negotiating a 2014 with range package. Rare find, and in a color my wife likes. The sticker is $50k which is making the $299 lease harder. They can do it on slightly lesser equipped ones no problem.

We'll see, I've had plenty of phone and email chats with the sales rep so if the incentive changes I'm sure I'll hear from them.

Only need to recover wiring cost if you don't think your future cars will be EV's.

Looks similar to the $299 deal with higher upfronts. I thought they wanted to get rid of the 2014s.

For yucks, I heard from a friend that BMW is having trouble getting rid of their i3s and that some dealers are offering below their cost to get rid of. Of course, it is completely different than our Bes. In this case, I don't see them getting rid of under their cost, perhaps at cost with an assumed residual.

Just got a quote from my local dealer, MSRP $46,400, grey/black, with Premium package for $745 drive offs (includes 1st month payment) and $311 (includes 8% tax). Is that a good deal?

sfsbenz said:
Just got a quote from my local dealer, MSRP $46,400, grey/black, with Premium package for $745 drive offs (includes 1st month payment) and $311 (includes 8% tax). Is that a good deal?

SF - that sounds quite good... WAGging here - looks like 20% off MSRP, I assume a 24/10000 lease with a 53% residual, and .000125 MF - or a rebate or three tossed in to make those numbers work? Correct me if my wild -- guesses are off... Who might be tossing these deals out there:) ?

Z

In the past, I have gotten 18% off MSRP when I bought a MB leftover. So if you add the $7500 tax credit off on top of it, they could go lower. If I do the math in my head on a $47,500 car, they technically could go zero down and $269 without feeling any pain. Hence my earlier remark that they have not resorted to giving away below cost like the BMW dealer was saying.

zony said:
sfsbenz said:

SF - that sounds quite good... WAGging here - looks like 20% off MSRP, I assume a 24/10000 lease with a 53% residual, and .000125 MF - or a rebate or three tossed in to make those numbers work? Correct me if my wild -- guesses are off... Who might be tossing these deals out there:) ?

Z

@zony: this is 10k/year for 36 months with .46 residual.
It does not seem the charge sales tax on the $7500.

sfsbenz said:
zony said:
sfsbenz said:

Z

@zony: this is 10k/year for 36 months with .46 residual.
It does not seem the charge sales tax on the $7500.

SF... nicely done! Is your dealer in SF, SJC, or more East Bay?
Thanks for the info and have fun!

Z

Z: My dealer is in SoCal. Just picked up the car today. All negotiations are done via emails. I just had to come in to sign the papers and picked up the car.

I learned that some dealer offers $9K or more off in addition to the $7500 tax incentives but they charges other bogus fees and made the drive off and down payment higher.

sfsbenz said:
Z: My dealer is in SoCal. Just picked up the car today. All negotiations are done via emails. I just had to come in to sign the papers and picked up the car.

I learned that some dealer offers $9K or more off in addition to the $7500 tax incentives but they charges other bogus fees and made the drive off and down payment higher.

Thanks! I assumed "sf" was the north san... not fernando :)
Z

I confirmed yesterday that MB in Manhattan still has several 2014s to sell or lease, including the electric blue one that refuses to sell. They are owned by MB so perhaps more willing to deal. If you are interested, drop by to see Deborah M in electric car sales. PM me if you need more info.

Friends and Family announced for left over 2014's in the North East region. Maybe anyone can be a "friend" for a day. For a $45,000 sticker price: $795 plus first payment down, plus tax and tags, $199/ month for 36/ 10,000.

On the surface, $199 is lower than $299. However, the car I bought had higher than $45K sticker price. So with the magic of high finance, for a $48.6K MSRP, That would either be $795 down and $299 a month or $4395 down and $199 a month or thereabouts. So for the car I leased during Black Friday sale, I could have saved $1K+ by waiting. I have 900 miles on it so in my gas guzzler that would be 90 gallons at $2.50 or $270 bucks. Oh well.

Nevertheless another sign that they have to unload the 2014s.

These deals seem to vary by region as well, EV's are more common in Cali than here in the NYC area so west coast folks may not see the same incentives or dealer motivation.

I've never seen a B on the road in NY or CT (though I see Teslas daily).

My final deal was:

Sticker $50,270
Gross cap cost $33,926
Depreciation $11,304 (12k per year, not 10k)
Rent charge $610 (0.59% interest)
Buy out $22,621
Base monthy payment $330
With tax $352
Final down payment was $1899

I had it all set up for 10k a year and for $14 a month or something like that I took the 12k per year during the final signing. They don't encourage it, MB makes out much better if you were to go over those 6k miles at $0.25 per.

It was a rough first week with the car and only the emergency trickle charger, now that I'm pushing 40a in with a JESLA things are good.

TheStig said:
These deals seem to vary by region as well, EV's are more common in Cali than here in the NYC area so west coast folks may not see the same incentives or dealer motivation.

I've never seen a B on the road in NY or CT (though I see Teslas daily).

My final deal was:

Sticker $50,270
Gross cap cost $33,926
Depreciation $11,304 (12k per year, not 10k)
Rent charge $610 (0.59% interest)
Buy out $22,621
Base monthy payment $330
With tax $352
Final down payment was $1899

I had it all set up for 10k a year and for $14 a month or something like that I took the 12k per year during the final signing. They don't encourage it, MB makes out much better if you were to go over those 6k miles at $0.25 per.

It was a rough first week with the car and only the emergency trickle charger, now that I'm pushing 40a in with a JESLA things are good.

TheStig: Nice deal. Do you guys also receive state rebates as well? Here in Cali we get a $2500 check for leasing or purchasing an EV.

Just finalized a deal out here in SoCal. Maybe could have saved some cash by waiting through next week but oh well. Leased a B class for 36 months /10k with premium, multimedia, and range package, msrp $49720 for $1542 drive off (including 1st month's payment) and $376 a month after taxes (9% here). MB took $9121 off plus the federal rebate of $7500. MF was .00053. I did notice an acquisition fee of $1095 which I wanted to negotiate but the wife was pretty set on the range option and since there aren't that many B classes with this option in SoCal I pulled the trigger. Very happy with the car thus far and will be happier to get my $2500 state rebate check in the mail. Thanks for the great info on this forum!

Back