Leasing

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should be looking to lose their 2014s by now.

4/28/15 leased 2014 B class $0 down $259mo (before tax). 36mo lease

After purchased found this forum and was informed about the $2,500 check... :D

Overall very pleased with our B class!

I am getting 2014 B-Class for following lease terms:

Lease Amt: $287/month
Initial Cash at due: $1500
Miles: 15K/year
Color: Black on Black
Options: Include premium package + blind spot assist+multi-media package; overall MSRP at $49670

Is it a good deal?

Yes.

Total out of pocket $11,832.

This is less than 24% of MSRP on a lease with $15K miles.

Good deals are running about 24% of MSRP total out of pocket on 10K mile leases. You are below this so this is a good deal.

It appears they are getting even more aggressive with the 2014's.

Yesterday, my car was delivered.

2015, 3 year lease, 15K/year, $47870 MSRP (packages premium+media+wood trim)
$330/month, $4500 drive off
So-so deal for California, but I am in Seattle area (negotiated with local dealer)

daleyplanit said:
Hi! This is my first post.

I just returned from my local MB dealer in Upstate NY and the experience I had in the first phase of negotiations has left me deflated. I'm looking at a 2014 model, it has the blue metallic, paddle, multimedia and premium package upgrades for an MSRP of $46,995. We're looking at a 36 month, 12k/yr lease.

Gross capital cost- $34,500
Cash down - $1764 (inc. first mo., up front tax, fees, tire tax)
Residual - $22,351
Depreciation charge - $13,143
Rent charge - $1,103
Monthly payment - $395

OR

Gross capital cost- $32,500
Cash down - $4673 (inc. first mo., up front tax, fees, tire tax)
Residual - $22,351
Depreciation charge - $13,143
Rent charge - $1,046
Monthly payment - $310

I know this is a starting point, but my gut tells me it's an especially bad opening salvo given the offers others are getting above. Appreciate the guidance.

-Martin

I was told by several car execs (Corp office for MB, BMW, Fiat) the only reason automakers are making these cars is to sell the minimum number of units to enable cars sales in California. CA has a law requiring 2% of all car sales must be zero emission to sell the standard product line in the state. Most manufacturers lose several thousand dollars per car. This is why you see aggressive deals in CA and not so much the remainder of the country. Tesla licenses the technology to MB and sells them the batteries to retro fit the B-Class. Not cheap, but a solution to access the lucrative CA auto market.

-David

I think everyone knows this but it is especially true for the MB Be. Here goes:

A. Study the leasing thread for actual traded values but be mindful of east coast vs. west coast.

B. Armed with this, either go to your nearby dealer or contact regional dealers directly.

C. The 2014s are less expensive than the 2015s and no big differences worth paying for.

In the end, it is your money, time, and convenience. Do whatever you want but at least you know the boundaries.

Get the Be and enjoy the ride.

As it relates to the 2014 blue electric that DP was looking at last month, I think my dealer finally got rid of the one that was on the showroom floor for over 9 months. They probably got rid of it at a big discount.

fishn4life said:

@fish, this is a great deal you got. Can you share with us where in California are you located?

So, your total out of pocket over three years is something like this after tax and fees? 0 + 290 x 36 = 10,440

what was MSRP sticker? 10,000 mi per year I assume.

Hi all, just got this car over the weekend at one of dealer in Orange County, CA. Hope my number help.

2015 Night Black/Black MB interior with black ash wood trim. Premium Package and rearview camera.
3 year/ 10K miles per year.

MSRP include Destination $925 = $45850
Fed Tax Credit $7500
Discount $8711
Sales price $29639
Residual $21091
MF 0.00043 - i asked for 0.00033 which should be standard for my credit, but they ask to make some profit here
Acq fee 1095 - i found out some dealer is offering $795
Fee $397.40 - Doc fee, Registration, license fee, CA tire fees, electronic filing fee

Down payment is $710.75 - 1st month + all fees
Monthly payment $313.35

When doing the 3 year lease, the dealership offers these two items, what's the pros and cons, any opinions?

1) "PPM" aka pre-paid MB routine service for 3 years or 30k miles: $800

2) "FCLP" aka insurance for wear and tear: $1200

If purchased, the payments are spread over 36 months.

What do you guys think? Should one get these?

Tom, the simple answer is no unless you like to prepay for stuff you may not need. The insurance companies generally win. Some consumers make out, most do not. For more detail, you can search on topic as it has been asked and answered a number of times. I only purchased the rim and tire plan as I am in an urban potholed area. Already replaced a run flat tire that had a nail too close to the edge. One more in remaining 30 months and I will be ahead.

Got one as a present for my wife. I was only able to get $7500 discount off the car :( I probably could have squeezed more, but I got in and out of the dealership within 1.5 hours

Cossie, welcome to the Be club. Your wife will enjoy the zippy car. Don't know how you are going to charge but there are a lot of posts about how to get the most out of the new car.

These German cars are quirky, I feel like you need a PhD to understand how all the buttons and gauges work. It's definitely not user friendly. She likes it, I guess that's all that matters.

tom said:
fishn4life said:

@fish, this is a great deal you got. Can you share with us where in California are you located?

So, your total out of pocket over three years is something like this after tax and fees? 0 + 290 x 36 = 10,440

Leased in Escondido, CA - great people there! (See John)

Total is $292 month - includes tax and 10K checkup x 3 years ($450 rolled into 36 months)

Yes, 10K miles (30K 3 year lease)

I have the msrp filed with paperwork, would have to dig out. I'm new to leasing but why would anyone care what msrp is? If you're going to turn in in 3 years, wouldn't you just care about total monthly payment? No insulting tone here, just curious.

Also, anyone out there considering a lease, I was advised by a friend who happens to be a sales manager for a dealership (not Mercedes) to never put a down payment down. If you can, always negotiate for $0 down. Anything that is put down is just money in the dealers pocket.

Best of luck, there are some good deals out there.

fishn4life said:
tom said:
fishn4life said:

Total is $292 month - includes tax and 10K checkup x 3 years ($450 rolled into 36 months)

I have the msrp filed with paperwork, would have to dig out. I'm new to leasing but why would anyone care what msrp is? If you're going to turn in in 3 years, wouldn't you just care about total monthly payment? No insulting tone here, just curious.

Also, anyone out there considering a lease, I was advised by a friend who happens to be a sales manager for a dealership (not Mercedes) to never put a down payment down. If you can, always negotiate for $0 down. Anything that is put down is just money in the dealers pocket.

Hi fish: We care about MSRP-sticker so we can compare apple to apple. MSRP 42,000 and MSRP 50,000 are two very different cars. Sounds like you got a good deal no matter what options you have.

Thanks for the tip about zero drive off. I will keep that in mind the next time I lease.

fishn4life said:

So, this was for a 2014? Does it have range extension?

MB has an acquisition fee and a disposal fee at the end if you don't buy it - but - they don't charge an early term fee - so it can be awash.

I have dealers trying all sorts of games in the additional profit category - one added $300 to the acquisition fee [I told them not a chance - and they tried 2 hours before we showed up for delivery]- one added $395 for a Vehicle Prep Fee [ I told them I'd wash the car myself] and yet another tried a variation on prep fee - as a 'delivery fee' and told them not a chance either. Finally I did a deal on a 2014 the wife wanted - no junk fees, straight up lease - the Cap Clost was essentially what everyone else was charging for the car before their junk fees.

I drove by one of the dealers the other day- BOTH 2014's are still sitting there - 2.5 months later - they could have sold one of them to us but insisted on the $300 junk fee. . ..

Don't pay junk fees - it just encourages them.,

I just took delivery on Monday of a 2016 fully loaded red on red. The lease is for 12K miles/year for 36 months with maintenance built in. Here are the figures I agreed to:

-MSRP: $51,215
-Negotiated Price: $39,976
-Risidual: $23,405
-Drive Off: $4,000
-Base Monthly: $412
-w/Tax Monthly: $449

The total cost of my lease over 36 months will be $17,215 including taxes and after collecting CA's rebate.

Back