Leasing

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey lawjds,

I got an email from dealer, Manhattan MB, last week advertising lease at $299 per mos with $4K down. That is their opening offer on 2014. My experience with that dealer is that you can negotiate lower upfront (loyalty discount, special of month if you sign today, etc.). They will try to upsell you for add ons but very nicely. I added rim and bumper insurance. If you like the electric blue up above, they will definitely deal on that 2014. It has been on the main showroom since last November and has not sold. PM me if you want my sales lady.

I am in the final stages of a negotiation on a lease on a 2014 on the east coast. Very good deal will post here soon when I have closed the deal.

One bit of news for anyone on the West Coast. I appears MB has moved a large amount of 2014 stock from the east cost to the west coast. The dealer I am dealing with had 13 cars and 8 of them were take back by MB and moved to the west coast. With the other dealers the same thing is occurring as the inventory is disappearing fast and I know they are not being sold this quickly. In the past, most dealers here had 10-15 cars...I have been watching the inventory for a few months and it rarely changed...maybe 1 car a month. So if you want a really good deal by getting a 2014 they should be showing up on the west coast soon.

lawjds said:
Let's do a 2 car deal :lol:

:mrgreen: Good idea - Sounds like a great battle plan for the two of you.

Just got my 2015 BEV today - almost identical to 2014 but with a few finer touches.

Love my EVs with the mighty JuiceBox - it is so much faster than the charger at the dealership. :p

Received some info on the new GLE 550e at the dealership - sounds like an interesting car to consider few years down the road.

Btw, forgot to mention to you guys (I am not affiliated), there is a pilot program offered by JuiceBox while they are working with California utilities for compliance and studies to improve their products. JuiceBox support is really great (prompt replies) and if you are in California, you are in luck and could benefit from this initiative. Quite some savings (few hundred dollars!) sharing your usage data. Unfortunately I found out about the program too late and had already drilled holes and setup all the wire plugs - too lazy and afraid of wifey complaining about "holes" on the walls. If I were to start over again, I would certainly work with them on the pilot program. NOTE: I would totally help this start-up with my usage data if they have some free add-on.

Anyway, cheers - Happy to join the EV Family. :D

Hey Asian Dad west, if I read it right, you are the first double owner that I have run into. Congrats. Assume there was a fight over the first one which led to the second one. In any case, who gets to plug into the JuiceBox first? Happy trails.

I finally did a deal last night. Pretty much fully loaded car.

I required the range package and there is not that many out there.

2014 White w/Black Interior. Premium Package, Range Package, Multimedia Package, Blind Spot Warning.
3 year/ 10K miles per year.

MSRP $49550
Fed Tax Credit $ 7500
Discount $ 9277
Capitalized Cost $32773
Residual $22793
Depreciation $ 9980
Rent $ 460

Upfront $1900 - Doc fee, Acq Fee, Registration, First Months payment.
Monthly Payment $290 - There is no tax on electric cars in NJ.

Total $12050 - Total out of pocket over 3 years.

In the end I believe the dealer still made a profit as I believe the discount they get from MB is in the $12K range.

One of the challenges buying these cars is the dealers here don't fully understand the incentives. Both from MB and from the government. I had to educate them on the lack of sales tax in NJ and how the Federal Tax Credit works on a lease. (They thought I would get it on a lease.) So in many cases what they are first presenting is a lease based on a standard car. As far as them not understanding the MB incentive, my car also has a rescission agreement where they can take back the car if they don't get the incentives they expect from MB because they were not completely sure if they could combine certain incentives.

Stretch, I think you got the best deal so far. Good intel on the MB subsidy, says there is room to push for a little more. Congrats and enjoy. Lead foot it to start, it is a stealth zippy car.

The finance guy told me the confusion was on combining a $5k and $7.5K incentive. I asked if he meant the $7.5K federal tax credit, he said no. There was a $7.5K and $5K incentive from MB. He also stated he needed to make sure they still made money on the deal and told me they did if they got both incentives. This is why we have the rescission agreement.

For anyone looking, I believe there is still room even in the deal I got, but yes I think it was a good one!

JeffRay said:
Hey Asian Dad west, if I read it right, you are the first double owner that I have run into. Congrats. Assume there was a fight over the first one which led to the second one. In any case, who gets to plug into the JuiceBox first? Happy trails.

Since I installed an 100A sub-panel in my garage (btw, excellent electrician in SoCal and very fair price: "Mr. Electric" Martin on yelp), I decided might as well install 2 outlets and 2 JuiceBoxes so there would be no fighting ever. I decided to sell my pretty new car at a loss (ouch!) for another MB BEV. No regret, I am happy to see both my garage spaces occupied by 2 BEVs (His and Hers) and no fighting over who uses the charging cord. Happy wife = Happy life.

So far, JuiceBox has been working great and strong (extremely fast) utilizing the full 10 KWH ability of MB BEV (or aka Tesla/Rav4 EV board computer) and love the timer + cell phone control to temporary override anytime I want. Hope more people would support this startup company (I think they are in NorCal) since EVSE is really just a charging connection and more real competition should drive price down. If you have any questions on Juicebox, send an email to them. Their webpage is weak but their product is top notch.

Btw, if you are in Socal (or even NorCal), I would highly recommend you talk to Rusnak Mercedes (Arcadia) - Andrei Kokhno. Top service and excellent internet sales manager that would walk the extra mile to make things happen for you. Andrei is the go to person and he really wants to build long term relationship with folks + loves cars + had worked as an auto mechanics = I want to help him out as well. Since 2015 is brand new and just hitting the lot, all others (except my long-time dealer) are only willing to do max 14% to 15% discount, in my case, Andrei was willing match my long term dealer and give me an 18% discount which is a good starting point for our relationship. Of course, I would recommend both of my long term relationship guys Andrei K.(Rusnak) or Cesar G. (House of Imports) if you are looking for 2015 or looking for excellent deals on 2014. You would consider them friends once you deal with them, but of course, you gotta let them make some money because we all have family to feed! Just tell them William referred you. :lol:

If you are looking for 2015, I believe my deal is very competitive... Selling prices are both 33K for the two different MSRPs.
2015 MB BEV, MSRP 49.4K, Discount almost 8.8K, Fed Rebate 7.5K.
If you are looking for 2014, which has very aggressive figures...
2014 MB BEV, MSRP 51.2K, Discount almost 11.5K, Fed Rebate 7.5K.
I always believe in negotiating but when the price is about right, I would deal since we are all interconnected and trying to make a living (get a fair treatment) and building long term relationship.

Hope that helps everyone. For residual value, we all know...
you need to claim California rebate yourself.
10K is at 46%
12K is at 45%
15K is at 43%
and current mercedes lease rate is at 0.00033 (or eq 0.8% annual APR)
on top of the sales price, there is about 2.5K for tax, title, license...etc.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the long post - just want to contribute and give back to all you guys for the assistance and info shared on the forum.

Cheers. :p

JeffRay said:
Here is a picture of my two new BEVs.
MB_BEVs
Here is a picture of my JuiceBox - Very good product
Juice Box
And white decal stickers - Hopefully it would look better on the white one
White Decal 1

I think for 2014, you should be able to do (with 49.5k msrp), 1k otd and around 300/month with tax included for 10k lease and around 320 for 12k lease. If you are in socal, or in california, you could work with Andrei @ Rusnak or Cesar/Mark @ House Import and they could easily make it happen. Just tell them William referred you. Good Luck.

Hi Everyone,

Just got offered this by a dealer in NJ -

MSRP - 49,770
12K Miles per year/36 Months
Monthly Payment - 293 pm

Drive off-
First Monthly Payment....... 293.00
License..................... 329.50
VEHICLE PREP FEE............ 395.00
Acquisition Fee (U)......... 895.00
NJ TIRE TAX................. 7.50
Total Inception Fees........ 1,920.00

decent deal? Would love to get some opinions. Thanks!

Assume this is 2014. I think you take the prize for best deal. I saw $269 advertised but it had a 4K upfront. This beats that deal. Go for it sir.

Yep, it's a 2014; Pulled the trigger on it this morning.
I think it's a really nice car and pretty happy with what I paid for it.

Leased one (MY2014) today: Boston area

Miles on odometer: 12

Lease terms: 10k miles per year, 36 months

MSRP: $48,950
Gross Cap Cost: $30,300
Residual: $22,517

Amount due at signing: $3000
Monthly payment: $232

Will also apply for the $2500 MA EV rebate.

The deals on 2014s seem to be getting better on the east coast at least. Congrats pricewars, you are the new low winner.

This is from the May 11, 2015 Green Car Reports - They seems a month or two behind...

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1098229_best-deals-on-hybrid-electric-diesel-cars-for-may-2015

While a 2015 model is on the way, the 2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive remains on dealer lots in significant quantities.

To get rid of them, Mercedes is offering a lease at $306 for 36 months--with nothing due at signing and a cap of 10,000 miles per year--between now and June 1.

The 2015 B-Class Electric Drive will be virtually identical to the 2014, with some added features. However, it will be $124 more per month to lease.

Thats pretty much the deal we got [the $306 nothing down]

We put down nothing except tax and license and first payment - but we have 15,000 miles a year cause we need it - cap cost was $30,800 - minus of course the $2500 from CA.

MSRP $48950 - White, black MBTex - large nav, prem pkg etc.

Wife can't drive it to work because Silver Star in Thousand Oaks does not get stickers in advance - and did not even know they could. Even I knew a dealer could get white and green stickers in advance- dealer's excuse was the $8 took a bite out of profit because they might trade the car . . .

Who wants a B-Class?

Hi! This is my first post.

I just returned from my local MB dealer in Upstate NY and the experience I had in the first phase of negotiations has left me deflated. I'm looking at a 2014 model, it has the blue metallic, paddle, multimedia and premium package upgrades for an MSRP of $46,995. We're looking at a 36 month, 12k/yr lease.

Gross capital cost- $34,500
Cash down - $1764 (inc. first mo., up front tax, fees, tire tax)
Residual - $22,351
Depreciation charge - $13,143
Rent charge - $1,103
Monthly payment - $395

OR

Gross capital cost- $32,500
Cash down - $4673 (inc. first mo., up front tax, fees, tire tax)
Residual - $22,351
Depreciation charge - $13,143
Rent charge - $1,046
Monthly payment - $310

I know this is a starting point, but my gut tells me it's an especially bad opening salvo given the offers others are getting above. Appreciate the guidance.

-Martin

Back